Chapitre 10

Someone had punched him right in the face and he had let go of me. "Georges thank you." I smiled, seeing who it was.

I wrapped my arms around him, encasing him in a hug, "it's no problem." he said.

"would you like me to walk you home?" He asked.

"no. I'll be ok. But thanks." I said.

he nodded "be safe, mon ami." He said, laying a kiss on my forehead as a goodbye.

"you too." i said, smiling and waving at him as he walked down the street.

I walked home and sat my stuff down, feeling tired. All this stuff didn't happen before. Why should it now? It didn't make any sense. When I laid down it didn't take long until I could feel myself drifting away into sleep.

4 hours later•••

It was around 7 when I woke up, my eyes hazed. But, a voice calling from downstairs forced me to get out of my slumber. "Y/N you have a visitor" daddy said.

I raised a eyebrow until I saw what he was looking at. "Oh hey Philip... didn't see you there.." I said, wondering how my hair looked.

Wait, why did I care about how my hair looked?

He smiled "hey Y/N, would you like to go on a walk with me?"

"Umm sure." I said, him grabbing my hand and walking us out. We could feel daddy's stare burning holes in the back of our heads.

"So why'd you come over?" I asked

" I messed up. I messed up between me and you and I need to re-earn your trust."

Definitely not expecting that one...

" Phillip..."

"No, don't say anything. I just want to make up for what I did, starting with you. One thing at one time right?" He asked.

I nodded " yea..."

We walked down a rocky path all the way to this little wooden bench. Right under a lit lamp post. It had a beautiful view, you can see the ever going fields and the sun set, it was a place you definitely couldn't forget.

"Here." He said

He had handed me a book "whats this?" I asked

"In the book all the underlined stuff is about how sorry I am." He said

The books was McTeague by Frank Norris, a book about Romance and betrayal.

I smiled "that's thoughtful Philip..."

I opened the book and had my eyes open for anything underlined.

The blank page on the front had some writing,

"My dearest Y/N/N,

           I have failed at many things. But I want you to know that you will not be one of those failures. I will do anything and everything to make sure I repay for what I did for you.

I looked over at him "Philip..."

" shhh. Get to reading." He said

I chuckled, opening the booking and reading the things he underlined.

I read and read for about 2 hours while we sat there in silence.

Our afternoon walk slowly turned into a evening return, and we started to make our way back to Monticello. "Thank you, Philip. You didn't have to do that." I said

"I did. Like I said I will do anything and everything to make you forgive me." He said

I looked over at him and just smiled "what you did was wrong and I'm still not completely over it, but you, Philip Alexander Hamilton, have definitely changed me. And I'm glad for that." I said

He smiled "good. So I'm guessing that meant I'm higher up on the forgiveness bar?"

I chuckled "yes. Way up there."

He chuckled "good."

We finally got to my house and we're on my doorstep.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled "goodnight mr. Hamilton."

"Goodnight ms. Jefferson." He said

I walked in and then closed the door. I let out a sigh and had a big smile on my face. I retreated upstairs, changing into my night gown and got a glass of water.

I sat down in the reading room and continued to read the book that Philip had underlined.

What he underlined showed compassion, and Regretfulness. I felt bad but he also did something terrible. But I'm not sure how long I could stay mad at him. 

This gift is probably my most favorite out of the ones he's gave me.

Not saying that I want to gifts because those gifts will not give him my forgiveness but this one was nice. It explained that he knew what he did was wrong but it also tells me that he plans to take action to make it all better.

And Philip has kept to his promises.

HI IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. FOR SCHOOL THEY GAVD US DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF HOMEWORK TO DO AND LITTLE TIMD TO DO IT SO I WAS STRESSING OUT BUT FINALLY IM FINISHED!!!!!

SO I HOPE ILL BE UPDATING MORE AND MORE BECAUSE I FEEL BAD FOR NOT UPDATING BUT I KNEW I HAD TO GET THIS DONE.

But ALSO....

5K READS?!

Y'all are the best thank you all so much this means the world to me❤️

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT :)

FINISHED EDITING - 08-02-22