Blonde is Better

One afternoon at Piggsilver High, Lillie was styling up her look in the girls' bathroom during the lunch period while Dawn awkwardly stood in the corner, and was forced to watch dismally.

Lillie was the most popular girl in school, having bright green eyes, blonde hair, bleach-white attire, and a cruel, sassy attitude. Standing up to Lillie (and all eighty pounds of plastic in her) was a death sentence considering her father, Gladion, who identifies as a "Lemon Peach Ginger Crème Wolf", is an extremely powerful man who won't hesitate to send his quintet of five Mexican men to go beat somebody up or light someone's house on fire.

"MEGAN!" Lillie shouted. Dawn snapped to attention. "Dark Cherry Blossom Sunkiss™. NOW!!"

Dawn flinched, then scrambled to Lillie's purse, afraid of taking longer than three seconds: Lillie's self-proclaimed "rock bottom" when it comes to tasks.

Narrowly cutting the three seconds, Dawn managed to spot a pinkish lipstick tube and offered it to Lillie, who eyed it for a second, then smacked it out of her hand. The tube clinked against the wall, and rolled across the ground.

Lillie spun around to face Dawn, her face red with complete rage. "That's Cinnamon Redwood Bliss™, you ****! You stupid, ugly, good-for-nothing *****!!"

Dawn began to tear up. "I-I'm sorry, Lillie, I--"

"I don't want to hear it," Lillie scoffed, then let out a fake chuckle. "You're a ratchet ***** with no ****** sense of purpose. When I ask for something, you give it to me. When I need cash, you give it to me. When I need my Dark Cherry Blossom Sunkiss™, you ****** give it to me!"

Lillie's bickering became so loud that Dawn was sure someone across the entire school could hear. The echo in the bathroom became unbearable.

Just then, someone walked into the bathroom. A girl with jet-black hair, blue eyes, and punk-style clothes made her way over to the stalls, turning her head to ignore Lillie's exasperated expression.

When the stall shut, Lillie leaned over to Dawn and whispered: "Oh. My. ***. It's that ***** girl, Marnie. What a creep, interrupting our session." Lillie narrowed her eyes at the stall. "I'll show her that ever coming to Piggsilver High was a mistake."

"This is a public place, Lillie..." Dawn mumbled. Lillie leered at her. "Shut up, Megan! Have you SEEN that *****'s outfit? She'd be better off naked. And blonde, of course."

The thought of Marnie with blonde hair made Dawn cringe. "Lillie, I don't think--"

"Don't think WHAT, Megan?" Lillie shot Dawn a terrifyingly fake smile that suggested the five Mexican mens' appearance. "Don't you even TRY to defend that ***** with your dark-*** hair and that atrocious potato sack you call a dress! If you're not blonde, you're not beautiful, and that's just the way it is, honey. You'll never be attractive OR loved until we get that fixed."

After Marnie had long left and Lillie had finished up her two-hour makeup routine that caused them to miss their last two classes, Lillie conducted a brief search for the specific color of lipstick with no luck. "Looks like I didn't bring it with me. Oh well. Let's leave this ****hole behind, Megan, and go fix you up an outfit that's, like, not garbage."

Lillie dragged Dawn out to the salon at Piggsilver Mall and ordered Dawn's hair to be bleached until all of the melanin shriveled up, emerald-green contacts, and an all-white outfit that looked to be worth more than America's debt. Lillie also ordered plastic surgery for Dawn, which the employee reminded Lillie that it was a salon, not a place for plastic surgery, only to have Lillie threaten that her wannabe-anthropomorphic father would burn down the employee's house. The employee shook their head and said that they lived at the place they worked, here, like all employees should, but Lillie rebutled again, saying she'll burn down the mall instead. The employee said they could do what they can.

When Dawn was done, the difference between her and Lillie was indistinguishable. They had the exact same outfit, clothes, eyes, skin, features, and hair. "Mmm, it's better," Lillie spoke. "But you kept me waiting a dreadful thirty minutes and I am in dire need of a pedicure, so you're still garbage, but don't expect that to change."

However, on the way to Lillie's pedicure, Lillie was shot in the forehead, and collapsed down in front of Dawn, dead. Dawn, seemingly a complete replica of Lillie, ducked down to the ground, snatched Lillie's purse, and booked it out of the mall.

Lillie's body lay there, unreported, for the next eight days.