T W E N T Y - O N E

::::

An explanation.

That's all what Minho wanted to hear.

Minho sat up straighter on the couch, hurt in his eyes when he made eye contact with Jisung.

"What the hell, Jisung?" Minho asked, staring the younger dead in the eyes. It was clear he was pissed, and guilt grew in Jisung seeing him like that.

"Listen, I have an explanation," He tried to convince, sitting next to Minho on the couch. Minho tensed up, feeling like he did when he met with Jisung for the first time at the café.

"I would love it hear it then. It better not be some random lie just to gain my trust back, because you've done enough lying for one week. If this is logical, we'll see if I can forgive you."

Jisung sighed, putting his head in his hands. He didn't even know where to begin.

"I didn't want to lure you into almost dying. Seriously. And I never wanted to hurt you either."

Minho crossed his arms, not convinced. "Then why did you?!"

Minho wasn't in the mood for bullshit. It was almost midnight, and he just spent almost two days on the verge of death. And it was all because of the person sitting right in front of him.

"Listen, okay?" Jisung then grabbed both Minho's hands. Minho felt butterflies in his stomach. This is what Jisung did when he asked Minho to be his boyfriend.

"I'm sure you know how Hyunjin talked to Seungmin that one night and told him he knew lots of things," Jisung started to explain. Minho nodded, listening carefully. "He wasn't lying. He knew everything, including our relationship, somehow."

Minho sucked in a breath, knowing his teammates were listening. Thankfully, they didn't ask about it.

"He told me, if I didn't get you into our trap, he would kill me the same way we tried to kill you, and he would out our relationship, so you would probably go to jail for dating a villain while I was dead. So, I panicked. Hyunjin's a lot stronger and scarier than I am, and I was afraid. I wasn't really thinking, and I agreed. I thought he was my friend, but he went against me. He was power crazy."

Minho just stared at him, his body tensing less and less. He was beginning to understand.

"When you said I didn't love you, it broke my heart. I didn't want to lose you. I couldn't even bare to watch you up in that stupid fucking cage. That's why I never came in during the process. And when I saw your team was here to save you, I helped them. I wanted to make sure you ended up being okay, even if my team ended up hurting me because of it."

Jisung took a breath, scared to hear what Minho was going to say. So he continued to talk, "I know what I did was ridiculous. I don't blame you if you never want to see me again. But I'm just so happy you're safe. And...I quit my job."

Minho gasped. "You quit?!"

Jisung nodded, "Seeing you in that state made me realize how much I care about you and never want to lose you. But then it hit me i've done that to so many families. I've taken loved ones from innocent people, and it's unforgivable. I'm such a terrible person, oh my god," he paused, looking like he was trying to hold back tears.

"But I want to change."

Minho's whole facial expression softened. All his anger and hatred faded away. What Jisung did was horrible, but he learned from it and had a good reason. He was scared. And people react differently to fear.

Minho pulled Jisung into a hug, and that's when Jisung began to cry.

"I'm...I'm just so sorry I put you through hell, Minho. Please forgive me. I can't live with myself knowing what I did to you."

Minho hugged him tighter. "Please don't cry. I forgive you. I know you were just trying to protect yourself. It's self defense. And I know better than everyone that protecting yourself is the most important thing when you're dealing with powers and other villains."

When they unhugged, Minho wiped Jisung's tears away. "Being up in that cage was terrifying. I was positive I was going to die. And even though you caused it, you also helped saved me. I can't hold a grudge when you're part of the reason I'm not dead."

A few moments passed, and Jisung got up and walked to Chan.

"You're the head of headquarters, right?" Jisung asked, a shake in his voice. Chan nodded.

Jisung played with his fingers behind his back, nervous, "I would like to train to become a hero. I want to help people instead of hurting them."

From the couch, Minho felt his heart explode. He was so happy.

"It'll take a while, but I'm sure you'll make a good hero in few months," Chan told, patting the younger's shoulder.

"In fact, Jeongin over here needs a teammate. How would you guys like the first duo in hero history?"

Teams are supposed to be trios, but this could work.

Jeongin looked at Jisung with innocent eyes and a bright smile. "He did help me get Minho to safety while I was trying to freeze the lava. We make a decent team."

Jisung walked over to Jeongin and high fived him.

"Then we're teammates."

Minho felt relieved. He's got his boyfriend back, his friends back, and his life back.

And what makes him feel even better, is he's got his trust for Jisung back as well.

~

I'm sorry if this explanation seemed kinda bogus and unrealistic, it sounded better in my head :(

Also next chapter is the last 🥺🥺