Cheering Up Miko

It was the end of another shift for the pair of glitch techs, however one of them was greatly upset.

"I'm tired of Mitch just coming in and stealing our glitches last minute!" Miko exclaimed, clearly furious about the situation.

Upon finishing and defeating the glitch, Mitch had swooped in and contained it before they could.

"It's ok, Miko. No need to get worked up over this." Five explained calmly, he got a death stare in return however. The both of them were walking towards their Hanobi van, and upon entering, Miko seemed to have calmed down. She was still mad, yes, but it wasn't as explosive as it was before. "I hate him.." She muttered, staring out the window as Five drove her back home. "Yea I do too. He's a jerk." High Five simply responded. He didn't want to accidentally piss her off by saying something wrong. Miko scoffed and continued to look out the window. "You don't say." High Five remained quiet.

Five parked on the street outside of her house to drop her off. Sluggishly, Miko got off, with a frown still remaining on her face. Five peered over at her and noticed that she was just bummed out at this point. "Seeya tomorrow, Miko!" Five responded in a happy tone, trying to get a smile out of her. "Seeya tomorrow Five.." Miko mumbled as Five's expression went from smiley to concern.

Slamming the door, Miko walked to the front door and entered her home as Five drove away.

Later That Afternoon...

Miko, watching a video on her phone at the kitchen table, perked up when she heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." Nica stated, getting up from her seat in the living room. Upon hearing the door, Miko tried her best to overhear her conversation.

"Oh what's up Five?" Nica fist bumped the fellow glitch tech at the front door. "Hey Nica, is Miko around?" Five asked curiously, peeking inside the doorway.

"Miko! Your boyfriend is here!" Nica yelled.

Both Miko and Five blushed furiously upon hearing those words.

"Who's boyfriend..?" Mayumi Kabota, Miko's mom, asked, coming out of the bedroom. "N-No one's!" Miko slammed the kitchen table in embarrassment, though she accidentally dropped her phone in doing so. Nica giggled deviously as she let the now flustered High Five in.

"Ah Five, it's so nice to see you again." Miko's mom greeted him with a smile. "It's nice to see you again too, Ms. Kubota." Five politely greeted back. He looked around the place, and spotted Miko with her head down at the table. Five walked over, a plastic bag hanging around his wrist, and sat down next to her.

"What's up, Miko?" He grinned. The male glitch tech's blush was calming down after the sudden comment made by Nica. Five had came here before, so her family knows him well. "What are you doing here?" Miko asked coldly. Five frowned a bit at the attitude, but he didn't let her get to him.

"I noticed that you got really mad and left sluggishly. I found it unsettling since you normally go running inside happily, still filled with energy," He explained. "So, I decided to pay you a visit and cheer you up." Miko poked an eye out over her arm since her head was still resting on them and a small smile appeared on her face. "Thanks, Five. But it's okay really, I'll be fine."

"Aw come on. I can't leave my best friend all bummed out." Five responded, resting a hand on her back.

Lexi had walked into the kitchen at this moment and poured herself a glass of water before noticing the two of them. "Oh, hey Five. I didn't know you were here." She smiled. Five grinned and said, "Yea I decided to come over to cheer up your older sister."