Comfort

You had an anxiety problem, A bad one. Every so often, you would wake up in the middle of the night shaking, heart racing, and having visions of terrible things happening. You often expressed yourself in ways of more sinister and darker fashion. It was sort of your coping method.

You could definitely be considered a goth, so you mostly hung around with that crowd. Your friend Nightsbane had actually set up a double date for you and her to attend at midnight, or as you liked to call it, the spookin hour.

You felt a strange emptiness in your gut as you pulled on a black lace top adorned with chains and stitches. This was usually the precursor to an anxiety attack. Fuck. Not tonight. You were finally excited about going out. 

"Just pull through. Just for tonight. You can do this. Ignore it."    You told yourself.

Nightsbane soon arrived at your apartment to collect you and transport you to the date.

"So, I brought us some of that chocolate you like luv!" She said cheerily as she pulled a heart shaped chocolate box out of her bag as she started the engine.           "Click it or Ticket babe!" She cried and stuck her tongue out as she floored the gas pedal.

You remained quiet for the car ride, since you were feeling incredibly nervous about the situation. Nightsbane was too bubbly and excited for herself to really notice anyways.

The both of you sped by the electric dreamy highway, and you leaned on the window, peering at the inky blackness that was consuming the sky. 

The vehicle came to an abrupt stop, spiking your nerves. 

"You really are a horrible driver, you know that Emma." You chastised.

"Aye! Don't call me Emma! My goth name is NIGHTSBANE! Remember?" She protested.

"Hey don't get so defensive all of the sudden. Loosen up. We're here to have fun." You mostly said that for your own security, but didn't want to bother Nightsbane with your problems lurking in the back of your mind.

You walked up to the apartment where your dates would be, and sighed, "well I hope we don't get murdered." 

"If you do I'll avenge your death." She nodded.

You took a deep breath, and rang the doorbell.

A tall, strange looking man with a moustache answered the door. He didn't look comfortable in his goth outfit, the shirt looked too small and his belly poked out of it.

"Hello. How are you two cats doing tonight?" He said uncomfortably.

Ok, maybe you were going to be murdered tonight.

"We are good." Nightsbane said as she licked her lips.

"Uh, come inside, dark women of the gothic culture." He said as he motioned inside the door.

Your friend shrugged as she said, "I think he's hot. I'll take him, you take the other one." 

"Fine, that works." You whispered without giving it much thought.

The apartment was coolly decorated and had a surprisingly good vibe. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all. 

"Uhm. I'm Howard." The man said meekly.

"Well I'm Nightsbane. Wanna go somewhere else and..." she answered, looking him up and down.

"Oh yeah, I have some jazz records that I think you would like!" He said excitedly as he dragged her into what you assumed was his room.

Great. Now you were alone in a completely random house. Wasn't this supposed to be a double date?

"Hello there." A voice came from behind you.