Confusion

Laurel watched Kendal walk out the door. She was waiting for him to walk back and start crap but he didn't thank for that, she didn't have the strength to fight back.

She turned her head to face her dad. He had this annoyed but relieved on his face. Laurel made a fake sad but silly expression to try to cheer his mood. "Very cute." He said sarcastic rolling his eyes.

"Oh I know." Laurel smiled innocently.

"Good... Nice try on trying to change the subject." He said as his daughter frowned. "And that frowned won't work on me."

"But daddy!" she said as she pouted, making puppy eyes.

"But nothing." He placed a kissed on her forehead. "I don't want you working with this Kendal guy anymore."

"Why not?" she questioned.

"Because he's bad news. He's hiding something." He leaned his hand on the bed so he can leaned forward.

"And how do you know that?" she kept questioning while slowly getting up.

"Let's call it a detective dad feeling and those feelings are always right." He helped her up being carefully as he can be.

"I promise dad... He is just... I don't." she said trying to find the right word. She knew something was off with Kendal but she didn't know what.

"He just a sketchy person who seems off.. Yeah I know." He sneered with annoyance in his voice.

"Am I just gonna pretend not to hear that tone?" she asked as she raising her eyebrows.

"Look I get why you became a spy but this guy isn't telling you everything. What do you even know about this guy?" He looked over at her.

"Dad." she said as she looked back. He did have a point though. she didn't know much about him only what he wanted her to know.

"Laurel, trust me. Whatever he wants with Oliver it's not gonna be good." He said actually sounding concerned for Oliver. "You known Oliver since you were a kid. Do you really think he would do something illegal? I mean what he's doing at... Night." He whispered the last sentence realizing he made a mistake.

"What is he doing at nights?" she asked furiously.

"Nothing." He said avoiding eye contact with her.

"Dad, you're hiding something. What is it?" she questioned, walking over to him.

"It's not my secret to tell you." He signed while giving her a look to leave it alone but she couldn't leave it alone.

"Dad whatever Oliver is hiding, I need to know. And don't say he will tell me when he's ready. We both know he will never tell me." she said raising her voice a little.

"I'm sorry Laurel. I can't tell you. Maybe I would have but you will tell Kendal and I don't trust him." He paused for a moments. "I promise I will find out what Kendal is hiding and prove you wrong about him." He said seriously.

"Dad I don't want you involved with Kendal." she snapped at him.

"Maybe I wouldn't have got involved if you hadn't." He headed for the door but stopped at the doorway looking over his shoulder. "It's a father job to protect their babygirl. And that's what I'm doing."

"Daddy." she tried to stop him from leaving.

There was no point on trying to stop him. He's stubborn, she's stubborn, it runs in the family she guessed. And she guess she knew he was right, she just don't want to admit it.

She walked out of my room heading to the waiting room. She had to go find Oliver and she needed to figure what should she do. She let her thoughts flow through her head until she figured out what she wanted to do. She'll do what she do best investigate both Oliver and Kendal.