Time to choose, kid

~ (future)
Everyone was wearing black, black suits and black dresses. They had just lost someone, someone dearest to them, someone who was always there. What were they supposed to do now? Move on? Forget her?

No one was ready for this day, they never dreamed of losing her this early. They dreamed of her living longer, having a chance at life.
~

~ (past)
Felicity, I need to talk to you." Oliver said as softly as he could. They both walked over to the fire place of his home as he stood in front of it. She was curious on what he was gonna tell her. They hadn't really been speaking terms ever since Oliver broke up with Laurel and lost his mother, he has been pushing everyone away especially Felicity when she tries to comfort him. The last time she tried to talk to him, he had really yelled at her.

"What is it Oliver? If you just call me here to yell at me once again then I'm gonna leave." She hissed as she crossed her arms. She was frustrated and hurt by him. Maybe if he apologize to her, she'll forgive him.

"No, that's not why I call you here." He looked down at his feet then he looked slightly at the small camera that Slade had installed in his home before turning to face Felicity. He had to make sure his plan go into place.
~

Slade had his arm wrapped arm Laurel's neck tightly but not tightly that he would choke her, just enough so she wouldn't escape. Oliver was on ground laying on his back due to being harshly thrown on the ground.

Felicity was scared but calmed, she had to be. She needed to be prepared and waited for her timing, it had to be perfect or else they were all dead. She looked over at Laurel, she was squirming and whining. Felicity knew she was scared and she didn't blame her.

"Get up, kid.. Now!" Slade shouted as he pulled out his gun.

Oliver quickly got up and stood in front of them. He was scared. What if his plan didn't work? What if Laurel or Felicity gets killed in the process? He couldn't live with himself if that happened. "Sl.. Slade, please don't hurt them." He begged as he watched Slade's hand with the gun.

Slade chuckled as he watched Oliver. If Oliver thought he was gonna shoot one of them with his gun, he was fool. The gun wasn't for them. "If you think this gun is for one of them, it's not." He smirked as he pulled the trigger.

Oliver jumped as he turned his head that it faced Kendal body. Slade had shot him multiple times. He had killed him. "It was for him.. He disobeyed my rules and you know how I get when people don't listen to me." He threw the gun before pulling out his itak sword and putting it on Laurel's neck.

"Why are you doing this Slade?!" Oliver raised his voice.

"You know why! You made me lose the woman I love that you claimed that you had loved!" Slade shouted. "Now I'm gonna take your lover away... And don't say you're not in love with Laurel or Felicity."

Oliver stood there in silence. He didn't want to choose between the two woman he loves. He wouldn't lose either of them.

~
"Then why am I here Oliver?" She looked at him as he walked towards her.

"Because I have a confession to make." He stood in front of her as he secretly and discreetly handed her a cure for the mirakuru before laying his hands on both sides of her cheeks. "I love you... I love you more than a friend."

She took the cure discreetly before putting it in her pocket. He had hope she would understand what he was doing, and she did, she knew she had to play along. "Wh... What?' She asked.

He smiled slightly as he kissed her and she returned the kissed. He had to make it look believable and he did. "I love you.. I'm in love with you." He layed his forehead on her forehead.
~

Laurel looked at him confused. Was he in love with Felicity? Did he moved on from her? No... That's impossible. He had just kissed her. She thought but of course the worst case scenario played in her head. One being he used her, just to make sure he didn't have feelings for her anymore.

Felicity looked at Oliver, waiting for his response. She kind of hope he was in love with her even though deep down she knew he would love her as a friend, nothing more. Laurel was his one true love.

Slade grew impatient. He wanted to make Oliver suffer. And he would even if he had to kill both women. He would do it even though he kind of liked Laurel but his mission comes first before anything else.

"I'm gonna count to three and if you don't choose. I will kill both of them!" Slade said harshly as he pressed his itak sword against Laurel's neck. She let out a soft groaned.

"Slade please don't ma-"

"One."

Oliver stood there shaking his head. He had hoped Slade would realize what he was doing was wrong. "Plea-"

"Two."

Oliver started shaking. He was presented in his surroundings but suddenly he was out of it. Tears had over flow his eyes and cheeks.

"Three." Slade said aggressively as he was about cut Laurel's neck.

"Wait! I... I choose Felicity.. I choose Felicity." Oliver said softly and a whisperer. He didn't bother looking at Laurel because he knew she would be hurt and probably betrayed by him and she should be. Felicity was getting ready to inject him with the cure, she was prepared.

"Hmm. And here I thought you would choose Laurel. I was kinda of hoping you did." He smirked as he made it look like he was about to kill Laurel but instead he pushed Laurel to the side and walked over to Felicity.

Oliver was hoping he would go and try to kill Felicity instead of Laurel. His planned had worked. Now Felicity just gotta inject him with the cure so he could attack. And boy he was ready to end Slade.

Slade raised his sword to Felicity throat. He was ready to end her life until Felicity had inject him with the cure. He immediately fell to his knees on the ground. He was shocked that they were a step ahead.

Felicity quickly ran out of the way and ran over to Laurel making sure she was okay while Oliver grabbed Slade throwing him against a concrete wall.

Oliver grabbed Slade arm twisting it behind his back. He was just gonna end his life but that would make him a monster and he had promise Tommy he wouldn't kill ever again. He was gonna lock Slade up on Lian yu island in custody of A.R.G.U.S.

Slade quickly regained his strength. He smirked as he gotta an upper hand on Oliver. He flipped Oliver on his back as he quickly stood on his feet. He grabbed Oliver by his shirt pushing him against the wall harshly. "You're gonna regret what you did Oliver." He smirked as he ran over to the girls and stab one of them.

"No!" Oliver shouted. She was coughing up blood as tears rolled down her cheeks. Slade had stabbed her on the upper abdomen. Oliver was frozen. He didn't know what to do.. She was dying.

~ (future)
Maybe this is all a dream? Maybe when they all wake up, she would still be alive but only she wasn't. She was completely gone.

She had died... She stopped breathing and she was never coming back. Oliver had to accept that but he wouldn't. It was all his fault... He couldn't save her.. Not this time.
~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: hey y'all! So I hate to say this but this is gonna be the last chapter of this book and I had left you with a cliffhanger.. Oops😅  but not to worry I had promise y'all and myself I would make a second book and I will. I just don't know when I will be uploading it but I can promise it will be soon.