Chapter 3- A.Zepplin

Today was the day. The day we finally start getting in our recruits. Not too many, We don't want another school-for-the-gifted that Xavier dude ran. I opened the doors and ran in as Zenyatta did after me. I darted to the front desk saying as this was an old hotel at first.

I quickly started flipping through the papers, finding Dave Lezowits, Zoe Wayne, McKenna Cassiel, Jason Lee, and Matthias McLaughlin. 

Fun fun. 

All were teenagers as I suspected and wanted. Easier to deal with after all. 

Peter was late. 

He should be here by now...

Well too late to worry. He'll be here. 

I stacked the papers back up, calling the parents and guardians to inform them today was the day. 

McKenna Cassiel. 15. Wings of steel. We've named her Angel.
Dave Lezowits. 17. The skin of steel. Superman.
Zoe Wayne. 17. Telekenisis. Jean Grey.
Jason Wayne. 16. Skilled at swordsmanship with Katanas. Kitsune.
Matthias McLaughlin. 18. Ice manipulation. Mr. Freeze.

When I was making tea for the five teens to come, I heard Zenyatta talking to someone. Definitely not a teenager.

Peter. 

I went to go see him, but I stopped halfway. 

"She's not yours, Zenyatta." 

I tilted my head, listening further. 

"Yeah?! Well, she isn't yours either Peter. Because someone had her first. Someone was with her since they were five. Someone loved her since sixth grade. Someone came out to her in high school. Someone was her friend because she could raise skeletons and light things on fire. Because they could raise the dead and make them the living. Someone cared for her long before you did. Someone was with her from the very beginning and someone knows everything about her. Someone wanted to have her. But it's not their fault that they didn't get her." 

I took a few more steps in, running to hug Peter "Hi honey!" 

Peter had a bitter smile, wrapping his arms around me cautiously "Hey." 

Zenyatta pursed her lips "They're waiting for our instruction in the library." 

I pulled away from Peter and smiled at her "Noted. I'll be in with tea soon." I pecked Peter's cheek and walked back to the kitchen. I stopped at the counter where I'd been preparing the tea tray. Two rows of four. Sugar and agave on the side. I placed the spoons on the very end of it. Zoning out a bit. 

Selfish Bitch.

I picked up the tea tray and walked to the library doors. Nodding at Peter and Zenyatta as they each slid the two doors back. One each. I walked through, setting the tray on the coffee table. 

"I'm A. Zeppelin. Welcome to the Academy." 

Dave and McKenna looked up from their phones, turning them off, Matthias looked at the three of us from the books, Zoe had a soft warm smile, and Jason was basically vibrating in his seat.

I smiled widely. 

"To my left is Zenyatta Morgan. To my right is Peter Formatza. I'm sure you're all confused about how things might run, and who is in charge of what, and what boundaries are set and such. Help yourself to the tea as we go on." 

Each teen except Jason and Zoe took a cup. 

I smiled either way. I couldn't help it. 

"Here at The Academy, we're going to stop the world's inhuman threats and the deadliest ones. This is a lot to take in.  Bear with us. We'll train you on weekdays, and on the weekends that is your free time. We might propose activities that you don't have to take part in, but it is recommended to say as it might be a pool trip or a picnic. We're open to suggestions, and requests. We ask that you treat us with respect. Much like a family member or guardian. We understand that it will take time for you to warm up to us of course. We'll provide meals, snacks, and drinks. This may be your new home. It may not." 

They all seemed to be processing it fairly well. 

"Now. Introductions." I clapped 

"I'm A. Zeppelin, aka Necromancer. I can raise skeletons at will, and shoot green raw energy from my hands. To my left here is?" 

Zenyatta waved "I'm Zenyatta Morgan. I'll be here most of the time. My room is up the stairs, left-hand side, second door. I'll be preparing dinner most of the time, as Zeppelin will be preparing Lunch and Breakfast. I do hope we can become close. I'm The Reanimator. I can bring things back to life if I have enough remains of such. I'm very supportive, so feel free to come and see me for guidance." 

I smiled and looked at the teens "To my right is Peter Formatza." 

Peter stuffed his hands into his pockets. A nervous habit. "I'm Peter Formatza. I'm like the Human Torch. Except I can have controlled flames and such. I'm pretty loose. I'm chill I like to say. I'm open as well if you need guidance though I can say that I won't be the best at it. I'm a part-time journalist for the new york times." 

The teens seemed so impressed and happy with the three of us. 

I smiled "Now how about each of you introduces yourselves?" 

Jason's hand shot up, earning a snicker from Zoe "I'll start! I'm Jason Wayne, youngest of two-" He shot a glance at Zoe "And I'm talented with Katanas. I've been practicing since I was like ten. I don't believe in the supernatural. I also love my PSP. And I-I also...I'm gay...Just to put that out there..." He said with a blush 

Zoe hummed "I'll follow suit. I'm seventeen. Name's Zoe Wayne. Straight. I have telekinesis. I like coffee and I'm spiritual. I do meditation every Sunday and refocus my energy on Fridays from 12 pm to 4 am. I'm social, an good with reading people. I'd like to say I might even be psychic." She said with a small smirk at the end.

Matthias looked around after a couple of minutes "No one else volunteered so I will. I'm Matthias McLaughlin. I like breakdancing, Yoga, and skateboarding. I'm a laid back dude who eats about anything. I'm pretty fun when I want to be and I'm a Cancer. I'm 18, and not comfortable with sharing my sexuality." 

Dave shrugged "I-I'll go I guess...I-I uhm...I'm Dave Lezowits, 17 years of age. And I'm pretty nerdy. I-I like DnD, V-Videogames, Lord Of The Rings, a lot of other stuff...And I-I have performance and s-social anxiety...I'm...straight..." 

McKenna looked around "Guess that leaves me. I'm McKenna Cassiel. I'm a dumb bitch when I want to be or a brainiac. I like music, food, art, and non-idiots. I'm very by the book and if you cross me I have sources to fuck you over. When my door is closed all the way, I'm busy. If it's open even a crack, I'm not busy. Touch my stuff and you're doing my laundry for a year." 

I smiled "Interesting individuals. Well! Since we're a bit more comfortable I'd say you all can go get comfortable in your rooms and we'll be around if you need us!" I said with a small smile. 

The teens all grunted and nodded in agreement as they all went to their designated rooms to settle in and get to know each other." 

I closed the library doors once they all were out of the room, leaving Peter, Zenyatta, and I to figure out what to do. 

I crossed my arms "Who's gonna do the disciplining?"