Without Warning

It seemed like hours the Knight on the horse pulled on the rope, each of the seven of us cried out in pain. Our wrists are bruises, swollen, raw and mine are bleeding now.

        Each step we made to the castle my heart sank, I did this to Mary and Rose. I should've kept going. None of this would've happened. Mary and Rose would've lived happily in their small home and selling their clothes. Mary and Rose were happy before they met me.

      One way, I'll get them back to their house and get them away from here. I know Mary and Rose, won't be happy here in this kingdom. Once they meet Victor is all over, I must get them out of here, or at least make it easier for them to live here.

***

      After hours of walking, we finally reached my kingdom. The streets are empty, my guess they are having the festival. I overheard a few maids talking about getting everything prepared before I left. I looked around, and wanted posters of me all over the kingdom.

      We reached the castle, the knight on the horse jumped down from his horse and pulled on the rope. Another knight pulled the horse to the back of the castle. If only Mary, Rose and I can squeeze out of these ropes, I can take one of the knights horses and run away from here.

      Two knights were guarding the dining room doors. The knights opened the door. The knight pulled everyone into the dining hall. I looked around and all the King's men and townspeople, even the royals of the court; even the King Leo I met before I ran away, all standing still. The whole room went silent when we went into the dining room. Victor sitting on his chair in the middle of the dining room. Everyone looked at him for orders on what to do or say.

      Victor didn't have any women hanging onto him like King Leo. He has three ladies from the harem hanging onto him. I only slightly looked up at Victor. I didn't want him to notice me. Maybe with my hair short and a different color he won't realize it's me. I can only hope that's the case.

The knight with one hand holding our rope, he took his other hand and pulled out the drawing, "My men and I found all the women that look like the woman in the wanted poster."

      I hid my face in the shoulder of the girl standing beside me. Victor looked at the seven of us girls, then replied to the knight. "Most of them don't have blonde hair."
"Yes, your highness."

       The girls looked at Victor, I hid my face, while he walked in front of the seven of us. Victor looked closely at the girls in front of the line. The knight yelled for everyone to look forward. I still hid my face, one of the knights held the back of my neck to make me face forward. I screamed out in pain, then turned around and kicked the knight on his foot. The knight pulled my hair to make me look forward.

      When I looked forward, Victor was standing in front of me. With one look he noticed me. I just stood there in silence and in horror. I dared not to say anything. It could get me killed and the girls that's tied to the rope with me.

"I have found her. Untie her. Right now!"

        The knight that pulled my hair did what his king told him to do. He untied my ropes around my hands.

"What do you want us to do with the rest of the girls? Your highness?"
Victor spoke up, "Take them to the harem."

"You can do anything you want with me. Just spare the girls."

The girls huddled behind me, crying and sobbing. I couldn't let Mary and Rose be in harem.

"Please! I beg you!"