Fire

Ivy's POV

I rolled over to Victor's side of the bed. I didn't see Victor on his side of the bed. It was true Victor didn't do anything to me last night. He didn't put his hands on me once last night. After I did go to sleep, I did sleep peacefully.

My doors slowly opened, I sat up in my bed, and I held my breath. It's King Victor coming to hurt me or rape me, maybe even punish me for running away from him. I closed my eyes and continued sitting on the bed, to prepare for whatever fate has in store for me.

First I heard Rose then I heard Mary's voice, I quickly opened my eyes. Mary and Rose rushed to my side of the bed and hugged me tightly. I jumped up from my bed, then hugged them again.

"Why are you here? How did you get in here?"
"We are your personal maids."
"Really?"

I held both of their hands, and tears came down my face. Mary and Rose shouldn't be here. They should've had to serve me, I don't deserve to be served by anyone.

"Why are you crying?"

Rose asked me why I was crying. Why are they crying? What did Victor do to them?

"Because you guys shouldn't be here. I'm so sorry. I should've kept running."
"No, the King has been very nice to us."
"He has? Why are you guys crying?"

Both of them nodded their heads and smiled. Mary spoke up, "Because we are happy that the King didn't do anything to you. That you are safe!"

Rose smiles very sweetly, wiping away her tears with her sleeve, "We thought he might have killed you. We were scared to come into the room. We thought we might have seen you in your own blood on the floor or the bed. Even he might have hurt you badly for running away."

"I'm sorry, I should've run away after you did my hair. You and Mary wouldn't be here like this."
"We are not mad at you"
"Really?"
"Yes. You should've told us what you were running away from."
"I'm sorry."

We all hugged, Rose pulled away then pulled a folded letter out of her pocket. "Here, I almost forgot. He wanted us to give it to you."

I unfolded the letter then read it out loud to Mary and Rose. "You will have two knights accompanying you all times today. I gave your maids my permission to go into the town, you may join them. You dare leave the town, I will find you and you will be punished. Love Victor."

I rolled my eyes at the last part of the letter, when it said, "Love Victor.". Then I looked over at Mary and Rose,"Did you know about what it said?"

Rose giggled and Mary tried not to giggle like Rose. I shook my head and tried not to smile.

***

After a few minutes I told Mary and Rose to step out so, I could change for the day. Mary and Rose offer but I Insisted that I could change myself. I didn't need help changing my clothes, I'm not a child.

After I got changed, I walked out of the room. Rose, Mary and me walked out of the castle and then started to walk out to the town. I turned around because I felt like someone was watching me. It was Vance, I haven't seen him since he saved me and let me go. Beside him was the knight that held the rope while the seven of us girls cried out in pain. Remembering what Victor's letter said I will have two knights accompanying us to the town.

I tried not letting it get to me that Victor has two knights watching me. I can't do anything myself. He's probably afraid that I'll run away again. But he's right I would run away if I had the chance. I would take Mary and Rose with me. We would get away from this place.