11

**** Two weeks later-

**** Rowdy knelt down on Apple Blossom Hill before his brother's headstone. He sighed and looked down at the arm that hung in a sling. "Hey, bro. Thought you and Mr. B would like to know that Brett's back, course you probably already knew that. It seems he's been alive all this time, doin' some undercover work as an FBI agent, just like his old man. He hasn't really said how or when bein' a SEAL stopped and becomin' an agent started." He looked down at his hat and tapped the stone with it.

"Turns out Mr. B was murdered, and we're goin' to find the ones responsible. And I'm sure I told ya that Beau married this hot little ticket from the country music world, her name's Drina. Anyway, she took to ranch life like a duck to water. They've been married about two years now and just had their first... second... and third babies. Triplets! Can you believe it! Two girls and a boy. He's proud as punch. Can you imagine Beau as a father? You ought to see him with those babies. What's more, " he chuckled. "I delivered them... All three of them. One of the proudest moments of my life."

Rowdy sighed and traced his brother's name on the stone. "I envy him. He has this beautiful wife that thinks he hung the moon, adopted kids that thinks he's Tarzan, the Lone Ranger, and John Wayne all wrapped up in one and these three tiny, beautiful little babies. What more could any man want?"

He chuckled and ran his hand back and forth over the top of the stone. "The girls are Brittany Hāgar, and Cārlyn Sage. C-Ar-Lynn, she's the youngest and the smallest. She was this tiny little babydoll sized surprise. They're really blessed that she survived. Her first name means Little Champion in Irish. Pop asked if he could name her, and it fits. You ought to see pop with her." He shook his head and chuckled.

"He holds and cuddles her and calls her his little champ. She grabs at his mustash, hangs on and pulls, he grimaces and chuckles and just goes on and let's her pull.  He's a natural grandpa bro. The boy... well... his name is Alexander Brody. Brett's middle name and your first. How about that?" He grinned.

He stood and looked around him, "I really miss ya, bro, I... I don't feel complete without you, except when I'm with Bobbi and... Then I feel guilty because I'm here and you're not. Well, don't worry." he swallowed, "I remember yer warnin', and I've passed it on to Beau and Pop. I'm beginnin' to understand some of what ya said. We've increased security, and we're helpin' the sheriff's office in looking for Rodney's camp. that guy they caught, turns out he wasn't the shooter after all. the one that got away was. he, uh didn't really get away though. The Sheriff and one of her deputies found him a few days later."

He was quiet for a moment, gathering his thoughts.

"Pop and Lillie, they're doin' real good, they're good together and good for each other. Nothin' will happen to Bobbi or anyone else now that we're on alert. I just wish I had a better understanding of what all ya meant, I still can't figure out anything about this Charity you spoke of. But, I...talked to Drina and Todd. You remember him? He was always more interested in the dinosaur bones he found than cattle. Anyway, he changed his major back in college, he split it between Paliology and Theology.  He chose a minor in counseling. He's becoming pretty well known about the dinosaur bones right here in Montana.  Can you believe that?  Beau fenced off a section that they're findin' a lot of bones in. Told him to dig up whatever he wants as long as it doesn't interfere with the cattle operation. He and Drina, they've helped me a lot. I'm not gonna give up, I understand now that I wasn't responsible for your death and I'll keep looking for this Charity.  And I'm not givin' up on me and Bobbi either, we're giving' us another try."

He sighed, "I'll never understand women in a thousand years." Shaking his head he smiled. "Any way, I have a second chance with her, and I'm gonna use it well. I still have to speak with Drina about whatever box Mr. B was talkin' about, but..."