XX

(Song link at the top :))

The sunlight shone through the large window, gently easing Amora from her sleep. She sat up in the bed and rubbed her eyes, waking herself up properly. She looked down to see an arm draped across her waist and she soon realised Epiales was fast asleep beside her.

She shuffled away from him and went into the bathroom to shower.

When Amora stepped back into the bedroom, the room was empty and the space where Epiales once lay was neatly tidied, almost as if he was never there at all.

She sighed and continued to get ready, changing into another dress that was not hers. Her mind drifted to Katana and the pack. She did not know if Katana would return to the castle but she knew Epiales had appointed people to look after the pack until he figured out a way to move them closer.

Amora walked over to the nightstand to grab her hairbrush when she noticed a small piece of paper next to it.

'Meet me in the dining room, we have much to discuss.'

She placed the note back down and continued to brush her hair, ignoring the sparks of anxiety that stirred within her as she thought about what Epiales has to say.

________________________________________

"Good morning," Epiales smiled at her, standing beside a chair, waiting for her

Amora smiled at him nervously, sitting down beside him, "what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Epiales sighed, gripping onto the edge of the table, "I know you are upset about how much I care about power, and I need you to understand why this is so important to me."

Amora nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"My father was not a well-known Alpha, but he was one of the strongest pack leaders there was. He had ruled the pack for years before I was even born and he had not lost a single pack member in a war, ever. So many pack members questioned if he and my mother were even true mates because they never showed each other any affection, but that's how my father believed it should be for leaders. Since I have been old enough to talk my father has told me it is all about power. When I was a teenager I began to doubt him, and that was when my brother took over. That was when we were attacked. My brother was weak and that led to the deaths of many people I cared about. That was the day I vowed I would never even let another pack get the chance to hurt anyone I love."

"Epiales-" Amora reached for him. Her heart ached for him, but she was growing sick of his excuses. She wanted and needed him to change. 

He looked at her, "if I am powerful enough, no one will ever get to my pack. No one will ever hurt you."

"You don't need to succumb to it Epiales. You are the king. No one can get to you. You were so powerful as an Alpha, now you're even more powerful as a king."