Chapter 44

It took us 3 hours to get to the sushi place!! But daddy and I did have a lot of fun. We played the cow game, the alphabet game, and I got daddy on like 3 slug bugs!

"Yellow one! Slug bug! Haha daddy thats 4 to 0!" I said suddenly.

"Ow Ria I'm driving!" Daddy said

"You're just mad I won!" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Nooo, I'm mad I ever taught you that game," he said sticking his tongue back at me.

"Daddy is this a little place?" I asked as the building came closer.

"No baby its not. Its boring for littles except for all the good food," he said.

"Do I gotta be big?" I asked questioning. I had actually slipped a bit into headspace and didn't really want to come out yet.

"Nope. You be yourself princess. But remember we are in public and should behave and listen to daddy. Right?" He said looking at me while moving a piece of hair behind my ear.

"No promises daddy," I said giggling.

Daddy just had that daddy glare look so I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Theres Phoenix and Alania. Oh and they brought Clara."

I looked over and saw a big muscled man. Next to him was a petite olive toned woman. And in the middle of the two was a small girl with jet black hair with striking purple hilights.

Daddy took my hand and we walked over.

"Hey Phoenix. Good to see you man! This is my little girl Ria," he said. "Ria this is Phoenix, Alania, and Clara"

I waved. Mainly at Clara because she seemed cool to me.

"Uncle Alex! I've missed you!" Clara said. "I'm glad you finally have a little!"

Clara came up and linked her arm in mine like we had been friends forever. Something told me we would be good friends though.

"How long have you guys been together?" I asked her walking into the restaurant behind daddy and the other grown ups.

"3 years. I love them so much. They're really great people. How long have you and Alex been together?" She asked back.

"6 months. Though kind of 7. He acted like my daddy from the moment I started school there but officially we didn't get together until I was there about a month."

"Nice! Don't you just love his parents too? They're such nice people. And so open minded...oh whats wrong?"

I must have had my what the fuck face on because, I haven't met his parents but she had?

"Um I've not met his parents before. He's not even really talked about them much. How did you meet them?"

"One time Alex hosted this new years party and his folks came. I was there with Phoenix and Alania. He got into a fight with them that night though. I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you."

"Girls our table is open lets go!" Phoenix said.

We walked over and sat down in a booth.

I wanted to ask daddy about his parents. I mean I never even thought about meeting them really. I hadn't thought of introducing him to mine either. Ugh my thoughts started to swirl and I couldn't talk to daddy hear about it for sure.

"Hey wanna draw with me?" Clara asked pulling crayons out of her little purse. There were paper menus on the table.

I nodded yes glad for the distraction.