entry #16 | ѕє¢υяє

━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━
secure
01100101
━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━ 

One second, she was in her bed. And in the next, (Y/n) found herself on the train.

Sunday had come faster than she'd like. The night before was spent with her fighting her father for possession of the food she had ordered and smacking him with the electric massager. Exhausted, she went straight to bed after that and fell asleep instantly, not before accidentally butt dialing Reese, according to the redhead.

She woke up that morning to countless worried messages from the said boy. They all fell along the lines of "are you okay, (N/n)?" and "did you get kidnapped? Wait, I'm going to call the FBI!" She decided not to tell him that the FBI wouldn't care about a single girl like her and that their fathers were probably scarier and more efficient than them.

Now the two were on an express train heading for Liverpool, where Keller's rugby game was taking place in a rival school's field. The only reason (Y/n) brought Reese along was as a GPS in case she got lost. Heck, she didn't even know what train she was on and whether she was going in the right direction or not.

What is responsible? Is it edible? Ooh, that rhymed.

As promised, she had asked him earlier over the phone whether he wanted to come or now. The redhead agreed without a moment of hesitation, and now here they were. While Reese was overly excited about going to see his newfound friends play—Nicholas was also on the team—(Y/n) was dying on the inside as she remembered the first and last game she'd seen.

The screaming, the colliding of heavy bodies, and all that mud, sweat, and blood...she even saw a player get bodyslammed and thrown several feet away. He was later taken to the hospital.

"Look, it's a bird!" Reese was saying excitedly as he stared out the window with wide eyes. "No, it's a plane! Wait, it's Superman!"

She glanced at him and gave him her best flat look. "I thought you liked Marvel better."

"I do but I made you look," he grinned. "Isn't the Beatles Statue here? We should go see it!"

"We aren't here for sightseeing...and since when did you like the Beatles?"

"I like their name. Reminds me of that stag beetle I planted in your shoe in second grade."

Her head whipped towards him so fast it nearly popped off. "That was you? You know what...I don't have the energy to argue with you today. I give up."

"When do you have the energy to do anything besides sleeping?"

"Staying awake is annoying," she said matter-of-factly. "People are too complicated. It's annoying."

"They call people like you misanthropes, you know," Reese snorted in amusement. "Wait, does that mean you find me annoying?"

She scoffed and tugged her coat closer around her. "I dunno, do I? Also...what's up with your bag?" Her gaze slid to the giant duffel bag the redhead had rested on the seats beside him. "We're only going to Liverpool. What do you even have in there?"

He shrugged and patted his bag, his smile unchanging. "Just a few things," he replied. "Like some medication."

"Ah...you still have asthma, right?"

"Mhm, but it's not as bad as before. I didn't want to take them with me, but my old man threw a fit about how he wasn't going to drive all the way to Liverpool just to pick up my dead body, so he threw them at me. Look!" He tilted his head towards and lifted up his long hair. "I think there's even a bump. Do you see it?"