entry #24 | тåg

━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━
tag
00100000
━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━

When you're lost in the wild, always follow the river, (Y/n) told herself as she walked. Or the North Star. I am the North Star. I think I'm lost again.

The two had been walking for god knows how long until finally they caught a glimpse of a familiar-looking golden hair. It was Lucinda. She was lounging on a beach chair in a bikini with a pair of sunglasses over her eyes and a glass of juice on the table next to her. The blonde noticed them approaching her and lifted her shades up to get a closer look at Conan.

"Who did you kidnap this cutie from?" Lucinda cooed, sitting up. "Hello there, what's your name?"

The black-haired boy instinctively hid behind the (h/c)-haired girl. "Brother told me never to talk to girls with too much makeup," he whispered. "But you're really pretty, miss."

Lucinda was at a loss for words, something (Y/n) has never seen before. "Should I be offended or flattered?"

"Both," she said simply. "Kidding, this boy's Leon's brother. He got lost—"

"Leon?!" The other girl lunged forward and began shaking her. "Leon who? You mean Leon Matthews?!"

"Jesus, woman! Stop shaking me!" (Y/n) batted her hands away and massaged her sore shoulders with a scowl. "Yeah, Matt-something. I was going to ask Reese for his number since we're history partners and everything."

"Why not Jas? That boy has connections everywhere."

"...That makes him sound super shady. But that's a better idea. Don't wanna interrupt Isla or anything." Lucinda grinned at this and pulled her sunglasses back down.

"While you do that, I'm just going to rest here for a little longer," she said. "Too bad there aren't any hot guys around here, ugh." With that said, she was back in her own little world, her aquamarine eyes fluttering shut under her shades.

What a cooperative friend you are. "Let's go find my friend Jas," (Y/n) said to the boy by her side. "You'll have to help me find him, okay? He's the overly tall blue bean sprout spraying purifying mist everywhere. You can't miss him."

"Got it, miss!" Conan saluted her. "And then I can find my big brother, right?"

"Of course. But don't run off or you'll get lost again." He nodded solemnly as if he was given a life-threatening mission rather than his first errand. Maybe first errands are a big thing among kids. Who knows. I don't remember being a kid.

She decided to strike up a conversation with the boy. "Have you been here before? You don't look too bothered with the new scenery."

Conan shook his head. "That's because I've been in the Amazon before, miss."

Why am I not surprised? "You don't have to keep calling me miss. Call me (Y/n)."

"B-but big brother always said I had to be polite, especially to the adults. I have to put a nickel in the jar every time I say something bad."

She visualized that in her head and shuddered. Thank the lord he's not my brother. I'd be broke. "I'm not exactly an adult," (Y/n) pointed to herself. "I'm not 18 yet, so just call me (Y/n), alright?"

"Well, okay then..." he eyed her suspiciously. "But you promise not to tell big brother?" He held out his hand. "Pinky promise?"

This kid is going to be something in the future. "Yeah, I promise." She hooked her pinky around his. "Oh, perfect timing. I see Jas over there"—she took in a deep breath—"JAS!" The sound came out as a crossover between a dying elephant and an inflating balloon as her voice died out towards the end of the name.