Sleep? Don't know her!

Prompt: Sara's not sleeping
Sent in by @sxarletwidow3014
It had been a long week full of bad memories. At some point they had a mission on Lian-Yu in the same time period Sara was there. A fugitive was there and it had killed Oliver so he never because Green Arrow and Sara never left the league. It had just brought up a lot. Then they had a mission is Star City, right after Sara had been resurrected and it once again brought up a lot. She hadn't been able to sleep without having nightmares, at this point what was the point in sleeping, if she just didn't sleep, she wouldn't wake Ava up every night in the middle of it.

So Sara just stayed up, she payed her head on Ava's chets and listened to the taller blonde breathe. The next morning when Sara felt Ava start to wake up, she made sure her breath was even and she closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She felt Ava's fingers through her hair, then she felt soft lips on her head, Sara turned around and kissed Ava's lips. "Good morning," She mumbled against them. "Morning," Ava said with a soft smile before pushing some hair behind Sara's ear. "You slept all the way through the night," Ava smiled and kissed Sara again. "Mhm," Sara said into the kiss. "You didn't sleep well though, the bags under your eyes are unbelievable," Ava teased and Sara playfully punched her shoulder, "Jerk!" They kissed again before Gideon said something about a fugitive. "Stay her today, it's been a rough week, you just sleep," Ava requested quietly, but Sara shook her head and pecked Ava's lips. "I'm fine, Aves."

They went on like this for a week. Sara wasn't sleeping, she was lying to Ava about it, she was lying to her whole team about it. She felt bad, but at the same time, if she slept she'd just have nightmares, and Ava would wake up with her and try to take care of her, it was cute, but she didn't want Ava to worry.

But Ava was worried, the bags under Sara's eyes were basically black. Sara had gotten slower, and Ava noticed the girl always fell asleep after her, and woke up before her. Ava was starting to get suspicious, so she decided she wouldn't sleep that night, make sure Sara was asleep.

At 1 am, Ava noticed Sara's breathing still hadn't evened out. "You just gave up on sleep?" Ava asked. Sara sighed, "So I wasn't too subtle?" "No, you look like shit." "I can't sleep Ava, if I sleep I end up having nightmares and waking you up!" Sara explained herself. "Well, now I'm staying up anyways, so that turned out well!" Ava complained. "I see everyone I've killed. Every time I sleep. It sucks," Sara's voice broke when she said sucks.

"I know, baby," Ava sighed and pulled Sara into her lap. Sara cried. For hours. She ended up crying herself to sleep. Ava lightly kissed Sara's head before lying down to sleep herself. When she was clung around Ava, she managed to fall and stay asleep. Maybe things could get better.

A/N sorry it's short, but I wanted to get it out asap