seven.

"i thought i might find you here." anakin spoke from behind me, interrupting my library studies.

madam jocosta shushed him for being too loud.

he mouthed an apology in her direction.

"c'mon. we got somewhere we gotta be." he then whispered, as i stood up.

"and where do we need to be, master?"

"senator amidala needs our help."

"is she alright?" i immediately became concerned for the senator i saw as a motherly figure.

"i hope so. chancellor got the word that she's been arrested on scipio. i figured you could learn a thing or two."

"about?"

"well, she's supposed to be regulating the banks so you can learn about that." he says, as we make our way out of the library.

"you just want company."

"if i wanted company, why would i ask you?"

"you just want someone to witness you saving the day again, don't you?"

he ignored my question as he started walking.

"i got r2 and he's already on the ship, so we better hurry up before he leaves without us."

i roll my eyes at my master as i ran with him to the awaiting ship.

"oh, and if obi-wan asks, going to scipio never happened." anakin tells me.

"i'm sure he'll already know."

~

"ada, stay with r2 and have the ship ready in case i need you." anakin said on comms, after he bailed padmé out.

"yes, master." i watched the two get onto a speeder and head past the mountains before i went back inside the ship. "well, i guess it's just me and you now buddy."

the droid's chirp made me laugh.

i couldn't help but notice something between padmé and anakin. just the way they were around each other no matter the situation was different than a friendly interaction.

i tried not to think much of it because truthfully it was none of my business, but there was definitely something between them.

time went by as i caught up on sleep until i heard my comlink go off again.

"ada, bring the ship around and pick us up."

"alright little guy, that's our cue." i turn to r2 and i turn on the ship and all it's systems power on before we moved towards anakin's position.

best bet, they were gonna manage to somehow fall off the mountain so that where i went to pick them up.

"ada, hone in on my signal." i heard anakin's voice on the com. "ada?"

i was too busy flying a ship to answer.

the ship came to level with the side of the mountain as padmé and another man landed on the wing on the ship before anakin jumped on.