eight.

another rushed field trip to the senate.

this time, we had found out that clovis had raised the republic's interest on loans but not the separatist's.

the senate was furious.

"why would he do that?" i ask anakin.

he folds his arms as we continue to watch the uproar in the building at the discovery that was made.

"a serpent can shed his skin, but it's still a serpent." he simply says.

"you think he's in dealings with the separatists?"

"he has been before, wouldn't be surprised if he was again. he nearly got senator amidala killed last time." my master replied. "i don't trust him, which is why i wanted you to watch him on the ship."

"he nearly got the senator killed?"

before he could say more, the chancellor summoned anakin into his quarters and we headed there immediately.

"i'll explain it to you another time, my young apprentice."

i nodded respectfully.

soon enough, we had found out from padmé that her garrison had been attacked by separatist forces and that they staged an invasion of scipio.

"an invasion?" the chancellor questions. "what do they hope to achieve?"

the look on padmé's face was readable. even through all she's been through, you could tell she was frightened.

"with this news, the senate will vote immediately to attack scipio."

"it appears war has already come to scipio." padmé responded to the chancellor's statement.

"i want you off that planet immediately." he replied.

there was banging noise coming from the hologram. "i can't."

"surely you can get to a ship." anakin tried to reason with her.

"general skywalker, i'm afraid i'm trapped."

anakin's face fell. mine did too.

we both wanted to make sure the senator was safe. she was a good friend of mine, but i'm sure, not positive, but sure, that she meant something more to master skywalker.

she gasped as a droid grabbed her.

master skywalker reached for the hologram, but there was nothing he could do from here.

"invoke an emergency meeting of the senate." the chancellor ordered his advisor immediately after the hologram disappeared. "there is no time to lose."

the man stepped out of the room.

"master, what are we going to do?" i whispered before the chancellor turned and spoke to him.

"i feel it is only right that you should handle this matter, my boy. a lot will be entrusted to you. take your padawan and go." he told anakin, before walking away from us.