The Fault In Our Stars Quotes

Sorry for the long wait. I have been busy for a while, but I am now back!

______________________________________________________________________

"You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing."

~Augustus Water~

"It's a metaphor."

~Augustus Waters~

"As he read I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."

~Hazel Grace~

"Oh, my god. I can't believe I have a crush on a girl with such cliché wishes."

~Augustus Waters~

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."

~Augustus Waters~

"Oh, I wouldn't mind Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."

~Augustus Waters~

"Thank you for explaining that my eye cancer isn't going to make me deaf. I feel so fortunate that an intellectual giant like yourself would deign to operate on me."

~Isaac~

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."

~Augustus Waters~

"I fear oblivion. I fear it like the proverbial blind man who's afraid of the dark."

~Augustus Waters~

"Why are you looking at me like that?" ~Hazel Grace~

"Because you're beautiful." ~Augustus Waters~

"Maybe okay will be our always."

~Augustus Waters~

"What a slut time is. She screws everybody."

~Peter Van Houten~

"Swing Set Needs Home." ~Hazel Grace~

"Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home." ~Augustus Waters~

"Lonely, Vaguely Paedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children." ~Hazel Grace~

"I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?"

~Hazel Grace~

"I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."

~Augustus Waters~

"I like this world. I like drinking champagne. I like not smoking. I like the sound of Dutch people speaking Dutch. And now... I don't even get a battle. I don't get a fight."

~Augustus Waters~

"The only person I really wanted to talk to about Augustus Waters’ death was Augustus Waters."

~Hazel Grace~

"It was unbearable. The whole thing. Every second was worse than the last."

~Hazel Grace~

"It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, as if the things we'd done were less real and important than they had been hours before."

~Hazel Grace~

"I love you present tense."

~Hazel Grace~

"But what we want is to be noticed by the universe, to have the universe give a shit what happens to us - not the collective idea of sentient life but each of us, as individuals."

~Hazel Grace~

"He wasn't perfect or anything. He wasn't your fairy-tale Prince Charming or whatever. He tried to be like that sometimes, but I liked him best when that stuff fell away."

~Hazel Grace~

"Here's the thing about Hazel: Almost everyone is obsessed with leaving a mark upon the world. Bequeathing a legacy. Outlasting death. We all want to be remembered. I do, too. That's what bothers me most, is being another unremembered casualty in the ancient and inglorious war against disease. I want to leave a mark. But Van Houten: The marks humans leave are too often scars."

~Augustus Waters~

"I do, Augustus. I do."

~Hazel Grace~

_________________________________________________________________

TFIOS is not mine. All rights goes to John Green.