𝙏𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 - 𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩 -

— season 4 —

— season 4 —

My hands caught onto the rough stone as I pulled myself up quickly, "Hurry up Vi!" I slightly shouted followed by a laugh. "yea whatever, climbing up this tower is harder than I remember" Violet muttered back, annoyed, but playful.

Me and Violet had been coming up to this bell tower for as long as I could remember. We've always been together, before the apocalypse, before Minerva, before everyone else. It's always just been me and Vi.

Once I pulled myself up I jogged over to the old, broken down railing and leaned on it slightly, gazing up at the bright stars.

"please try not to worry Ms.(l/n), your daughter is in perfectly good hands"

muffled voices came from behind the closed door of the main office, I sat outside on an uncomfortable plastic chair, watching my legs dangle back and forth slightly.

Mom is sending me to a 'reform school' to try and help me get over my 'issues', this place isn't a reform school, its a prison.

Things went by in a blur as my mother hugged me and bid a last goodbye, I watched as her car slipped past the vast metal gates of my new home. I couldn't help but mumble under my breath as she left.

"bitch"

my mother seemed like a good person, a model parent, but she was just trying to get rid of me, after all, a ptsd ridden kid doesn't fit in a model family.

I watched my shoes tap softly against the wooden boards of the floor as I walked past the various doors that lined the long, vast, empty hallway, trying to find my new room.

"Give it back you asshole!" my head instantly shot up at the sound of multiple screams and footsteps coming down the once empty hallway. "you gotta catch me if you want it back!" a playful voice teased back followed by an obnoxious laughter. I saw two kids chasing each other down, a boy and a girl. The boy was swiftly trying to get away from the obviously very angry girl, he was holding a small purple book above his head, which the girl was trying to jump to get back, but it was no use.

before the kids could even notice you, the boy bumped into you. The force pushing you to the floor, which resulted in him falling on top of you.

"ow.." the boy mumbled while rubbing his head, his eyes finally met yours and he instantly laughed. "holy shit sorry new kid, I didnt even see you" he laughed while getting up.

before he could form another sentence he instantly jerked forward in pain, holding the back of his head "hey what the fuck!" he yelled looking back towards the girl. "thats for stealing my stuff" she said angrily while flipping him off.

she scanned over to you, her icy green eyes meeting your confused (e/c) eyes, "well? are you just gonna sit there?" she said unamused.

it became embarrassingly aware to you that you were still on the floor, you quickly got up and dusted off your khaki shorts. when you looked back up the boy was holding his hand out to you "sup! I'm Louis!" he said cheerfully while he twisted his hand around in some awkward handshake that you didnt know.

the girl slightly shoved him away from you and crossed her arms, a female alpha aura radiating off her as she scanned you over. for a bunch of eleven year old's, they really did act like adults. the girl let out an annoyed sigh, as if to say she decided that she 'tolerated' you.

"im Violet"

two fingers snapped in front of your face as you broke away from your thoughts.

"you okay? you kinda zoned out on me there" Violet muttered while sitting down on the ledge and leaning on the railing. You sat down next to her and leaned your head on her shoulder, instead of swatting you away or pushing you off like she would've with literally anyone else, she just leaned her head on your head and hummed a little.

Violet was different when it came to you, she wasn't Angry or quiet, not up-tight or constantly on her guard.. she was just calm.

"what do you think about Clementine?" I asked quietly, thinking about the day we found her and AJ in the crash. "Does it matter? its all of us against her, if she betrays us we can just put a bullet in her head" I moved my head off her shoulder and stared at her "I don't think she's gonna hurt us, besides she's got a kid with her" I said while brushing her bangs out of her face,

she moved her head away from my hand, a sign she was getting moody, "yea, a kid that didn't hesitate to shoot Marlon" she glared at me.

"Violet.. Marlon was my best friend.. but you know what he did to Minnie and Sophie.." I trailed off and put my hand on hers, hoping she wouldn't push me away

Violet dropped her glare and intertwined our fingers "yea I know.. But still, that was fucked up" she focused her gaze on the few walkers staggering outside the gates aimlessly. I nodded, knowing there could've been so many other ways to handle the situation, but when it came down to it, Marlon was gone and now we had two outsiders inside of our gates.

"louis sided with her, and if he has even a little trust for her, then I trust her too" Violet glared at me yet again, but not with anger "This is the apocalypse (y/n), you cant just trust people that easily, you never know whos going to stab you In the back" her grip tightened on my hand.

my face broke into a small smile,

"don't worry Vi, as long as I got you its cool, right?"

her face faltered and she looked away, towards the stars,

"yea, as long as we're together, everything's cool.."

no matter what it would always be me and Vi, in life..

and in death,