Chapter 5

About 30 staff covered in thick clothes and jackets were looking at the actress as she made her way to the set. She received a phone call from Bobby an hour ago if she can do a surprise appearance on the set.

She joined 3 other guests and the hosts of the talk show. Jisoo just had a very busy week, scratch that, she had a very busy year, but she was told the episode is for an anniversary special.

Ever since she starts getting good roles in dramas, there has been a constant offer for her to visit variety shows too. Summer last year, just after she finished her romantic-comedy, she got a proposal to join this one show as a special member.

Jisoo really was so tempted with the huge fanbase, and good pay and fun people. She just doesn't like all that running though.

Anyways, she is here now and the few more weeks she'll be off somewhere remote with another set of strangers.

The shoot starts and everything seems running off smoothly, she appreciates the camaraderie Bobby and Donghyuk are showing her and the MC too seems really curious about her.

"Our dear Kim Jisoo here, will be joined by bunch of other people in new show next month. Jisoo tell me the show you're doing!"

"Ah yes, thank you. It's really exciting, I am not used to living with other people to be honest so it's a first time for me. Please look forward to it."

"Who will be joining you then?"

"Uhmm.. Mostly young artists, actors too." she hesitated for a second. "Can I say their names?"

"Well if you're not too selfish of course you can!" the MC jokes.

"I'm joined by Mino, Lucas, Jaehyun, Mark, Irene, Seulgi and Jennie."

Some staff clapped with every big star she name, but they really went full crazy when she mentioned that last one. The host now smiling at her with tinge of wickedness in his eyes.

Ah, Kim Jisoo you just set yourself up.

"So Jisoo, tell me something. You and Jennie are all over the news during the holidays, were you?"

Ah, Kim Jisoo, you gigantic idiot. Of course they're gonna ask that!

But good thing, she came prepared. Well maybe over-prepared, you see she was practicing her answers for any possible questions during the drive here. She can't let her shield down when it's Jennie Kim she pissed off, no one dares to lay a finger on that privileged princess.

"Yes, yes it was a weird new year's too. I did not understand the magnitude of what's happening until it hit me in the face."

"Can you just elaborate on that? What really happened?" another host asked.

We teased the pouty, mean-faced girl and it backfired. And my non-boyfriend won't speak to me because he got mugged.

Jisoo paused for a second, surveying each guest's face.

"Honestly, you know how friends are when they're joking and—" Jisoo began.

"Wait wait wait so you and Jennie are friends? That's news to me." the tall comedienne interjects.

"Yah! I'm not even friends with Jennie, I'm scared of her!", Bobby jokes, both hands coming up like he admits his own defeat.

Few new people enter the set while they we're recovering from Bobby's antics. Staff starts arranging more seats for the newcomers.

There's three new people there seated on her left. All dressed casually, but still looking beautiful, greeting the staff and being welcomed by the hosts.

Jisoo looked at the one she's closest with doing her introductions.

"Hello everyone, I'm Lisa."

Jisoo smiled at her acquaintance.

"Yes, hello, I'm Rosie."

"Hello guys, I'm Jennie. Thanks for the invite. I had to bring my friends here because they won't let me go." Jennie explained, her smile lighting up the whole place.

Goodness, she's pretty.

While the host we're once again talking about the anniversary special, she looked at her left and saw the solo artist eyeing something on Lisa's side.

I wonder what she's looking... oh. Shit.

Jennie is looking at me.