𝐈𝐈

Honey brown eyes opened in a flash. All that could be seen was darkness.

Darkness. . .

‘𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝~’

Wait, no. What the fuck?! Now's not the time for that, Evangelise! Focus! Remember your Father's training!

"𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑬𝒗𝒆, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕, 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. 𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓, 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅. 𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔. 𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. 𝑴𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔."

Thank you, Father.

Evangelise glanced around. It was completely dark, tight, and unmovable. She raised her hands to examine the surface of wherever container she was. A pentagonal box made of wood that could fit her whole body. . .

A coffin?! Did this person who kidnapped her want to bury her alive?!

Oh hell no. Not in her Zio Mukuro's Six Paths of Hell.

She was about to break out of this coffin when she heard something rattling from outside, like a door being busted open.

What's that noise? She asked herself, listening closely. Then a voice spoke.

"Crap! People are coming! I've gotta get a uniform while I can. . ."

Uniform? Mafia uniform? Business? Military? School? Wait. . . Eva felt the silk cloth covering her body, loose enough and draping down to cover her like a cloak. And there was a large hood that covered her face just fine. A cult uniform? Are they going to exorcise her or something?

She shook her head. I should really stop reading all of those mangakas. They're messing with my head.

"Nnnnnnngh! The lid's too heavy! Time for my secret move, then! Hnaaaaaaaaaah! Got it!"

Eva tensed at the sight of blue flames. A Rain user? He's too loud and reckless for his own good, though. An Inverted Rain user? That's more believable.

It seems the flames burnt the lock on her own coffin since the door clicked open. Eva pushed it open a bit, her amber gaze falling upon the figure of. . . A cat? A raccoon? A dog? A Box Animal? An UMA?! And why are his ears on fire?

"Okay then!" A talking UMA?! "Now to get a uniform! Huh?" The UMA sniffed the air before slowly turning around.

Eva lowered the coffin's door soundlessly, relaxing her shoulders, steadying her breathing, and closing her eyes to act like she was still sleeping.