DIEZ

10 // MISTAKES = ERRORES

Farah treasures mornings.

productivity is essential to her happiness. on days she has work, she'll shamefully stay in bed and scroll through social media before leaving the bed to get on with her routine. she'd leave the house, bid goodbye to her family members and step inside again in the late evening. on days she didn't have work, she'd busy herself with magazine assignments, reading, planning and visiting whatever is necessary.

either way, she is always working.

when she thinks of prompt mornings. she thinks of stretching her arms, relieved with the fact that she has the whole day ahead of her to make memories. downbeat yet energetic eyes would be her best friend at the start of the day.

and for a long time, stretching her arms meant hitting Taehyung in the face as he screamed "shortie!" at her. she only ever laughed at him making fun out of her height, no one else.

a fond memory trails into Farah's mind, leaving crumbs of remembrance and a genuine love. remember these memories when you don't want to. remember what you had with him.

the crumbs never moved.

Farah knew of Taehyung's habits. this included him waking up before sunrise so he could firstly, watch the sunrise and secondly, sort out his schedule for the day. the boy kept busy and Farah knew he needed to.

on rare occasions, she'd convince him to stay in bed with her.

early mornings would consist of Taehyung watching Farah smoke. it was a lovesick trance. one of them would end up waking the other because they couldn't control their hands and lips. you know me too well. the sheets would sometimes end up on the floor or a jumbled mess between their legs. some mornings included love making, giggly nerves and talks about the universe.

Taehyung had grown to deal with Farah's smoking habits. it was a coping mechanism that made her feel good, he simply understood that different humans cope in different ways. although he saw its consequences, sometimes he'd join her with a silly grin. he'd pretend to act cool and she'd roll her eyes. cigarette smoke would hover above them as they took turns to lay their heads on each other's laps, fingers loosely intertwined as they kissed once. twice. thrice... and pulled the other closer, deeper.

Farah remembers waking up next to Taehyung and immediately smiling. the triumphant start to an unknown day. on the days they woke up together, she felt lucky because not everyday was she blessed with his morning presence. many days, he couldn't be with her.

the memory that sits with her is one of her lying her head on Taehyung's chest, finger creating circles. circles turning into hearts as she traced their words. i love you, she'd whisper as she drew a heart on Taehyung's clothed chest. i love you much more. do you?

the writers would make up electric filled poetry on the spot, not having a pen close by and then, later in the day, they'd hit the others shoulder. "what was that thing i said in bed this morning?" and none of them would remember, too engrossed by the romance they had fused. in fact, they were just too lazy to leave the warmth and solace of the bed and write it down.

Farah is awake now, mind still fuzzy from her thoughts and memory. how long has she been awake for? she opens her eyes, one by one. slowly awakening before being awake all at once. as she starts to stretch her arms, she feels a difference in everything.

Farah blinks, scrunching her eyebrows when she notices a tie on the lamp shade beside the bed. she sure as hell didn't bring a tie, why is there one dangling from her hotel lamp?