EPÍLOGO

EPILOGUE // A ROUND UTOPIA = UNA UTOPIA REDONDA

Farah sighs.

it's her last day in Spain. her flight is today and Taehyung's is tomorrow. as she stands on the balcony, she feels a sense of emotional solitude rush through her. it's overwhelming.

she's going to miss the balcony, the nostalgia that comes from looking at Spain up close, the blank canvases, the smoking people, the heat, seeing Taehyung every morning and waiting to see him smile... these memories will be carried with her forever. a couple of days with an impact.

Farah notices someone looking up at her from below the balcony. it's Taehyung and he seems lost by his gaze. his eyes are focused solely on her as he says nothing. no greeting. he just stares at her with eyes that say everything. but Farah's deaf because she never understood his unique language.

Farah can't bring herself to smile or say anything.

their blank faces just stare at each other until she leaves her hotel room, letter tucked under her arm as she reaches him outside.

"take this." Farah gives her written reply to Taehyung. she shoves it into his hand. her voice is fast but stable. "but don't open it in front of me."

once again, Taehyung doesn't speak with his words. he just stares with big and brown eyes that hold the universe and it's darkness. he takes the letter gently, fingers curling around it's sides as he gulps harshly.

"i still love you."

Farah clenches her teeth. for some reason, she feels angry, nostalgic and utterly heartbroken. nothing good comes out from the feeling in her heart, it spreads throughout her chest and down her legs. her eyes focus on Taehyung's and before she knows it, they're blurred with tears. "i need a cigarette." she mutters.

she turns around, shuffling around for her pack of cigarettes.

"i hate that you smoke." Taehyung sounds behind her.

"and i hate that you left!"

"come here." Taehyung's murmur is soft and welcoming. he takes out his hands from his pockets before urging Farah to come forward and hug him. it seems like he needs the hug more than her.

so the courageous writer does. she nears closer and buries her head in his neck. it's different from yesterday. their feelings are exposed and raw as their memories remind them of the past that ties them together. it could be argued that their feelings were always in fact, raw and out there evidently.

Farah cries into Taehyung's shoulder as his arms stay wrapped around her waist. he pulls her flush against him. the tears leave like a dam that's been opened, she hasn't cried like this in a long time and it's refreshing.

Taehyung keeps her close as she pulls away, his arm around her shoulder and he presses their heads together. "i need you to count the stars, the number or grass around you and the droplets of water that make up the ocean." he mentions, voice ringing in her ears as she sniffles and looks at the environment around them. it's one they're not used to yet now hold a special place in their hearts. when you spend time with something or someone, it remains. "all of that cannot sum up to the reasons i love you."

after more droplets of water and heavy sighs, Farah moves away. Taehyung lets her, watching her with gentleness. he knows she'll be gone soon, they're leaving on different days.

but she doesn't leave, she simply stands. she seems hesitant as her eyes force themselves to stare at the man before her. her eyes struggle to stay connected to his and he feels bad, he feels horrible. the truest love of her life.

"Taehyung," she murmurs ever so softly, voice full of emotion. it sends a shiver down her spine too. she's a few steps away as she adds, "will you kiss me? can you please... just, kiss me?"

Taehyung blinks once, lips parting before he licks them nervously. he wasn't expecting that, how does she always manage to have this sort of impact on him? he wants to ask are you sure but from the way her soulful eyes are looking into his, he steps forward and holds her by her smaller shoulders before his aching lips press onto hers. finally.

Farah hums in pleasure, not afraid to show that this is what she wanted and Taehyung pulls her even closer, pressing her body against his. they admire each other so much between the kiss, emotions on fire. she does the same as him, tugging him closer by the waist as their lips move in sync with each other. parallel lines of a love they thought the other would forget about. he moves away with his lips parted and she brings him right back, kissing him slower this time, wanting him to feel everything she is feeling.

Taehyung closes his eyes, feeling the same affection and pleasure, this is the same person he fell in love with and they both know it.

the male writer holds her by the waist, one hand snaking upwards to wrap around her throat. his fingers stroke her skin, so warm as he grips her softly. he feels her gulp as their kisses slow down, pecking before delving in deeper. it's so intimate, so beautiful.

Taehyung feels his heart stop when Farah's hand also snakes upwards, the silver, thinner rings on her fingers being felt as she places her hand over his on her throat. she squeezes his hand, making her throat feel a slight pinch.

she holds the back of his hand and brings it to her lips, kissing his palm whilst looking at him directly in the eye. Taehyung in that moment, knows he worships Farah.

she eventually moves away, leaning her forehead against Taehyung's as his black curls brush against her face. he pecks her lips one last time and she speaks her final words, "i love you more, always. more than you know." and she's gone from his grasp.

Taehyung tries one last attempt to make Farah smile, "do you want to write another book together?"

Farah indeed smiles and looks over her shoulder. "i'll email you okay?"

//

i'm definitely not crying...