DIECISIETE

17 // PLEASE KISS ME = POR FAVOR, BÉSAME

Farah loves the smell of books.

although her and Taehyung had many magnificent memories in grubby, mighty libraries or in situations that involved books, such as them delivering a copy of their book to their houses or studying near the windows, one particular memory floats into Farah's mind and her hands turn into fists.

"in another life i was a librarian." Taehyung mentions, looking up at the ceiling as he sits on the floor of the library. his legs stretch out in front of him as he tucks his glasses into the neck of his sweater. it's quiet in the early evening and the lively, wistful couple add to the occasional converse of the place. "i'd shout at all the kids and they'd be scared of me."

Farah smiles, shoes knocking into Taehyung's as they sit beside each other. her trainers hit his boots as she catches his smile. she can see glasses Taehyung ordering books, greeting people charmingly and leaving home with his satchel. but the truth is, she can see the boy doing any occupation. whether it's an astronaut, scientist, businessman ... he's intelligent and a quick learner, he could achieve anything he wanted to if he had the chance to.

"but you're really good with kids." she points out. she's witnessed it. the way he treats his younger family members and the kids at the orphanage says a lot about his sympathetic nature. he puts them first, listens to their stories and there's a sense of understanding.

Farah gets how Taehyung can be intimidating with his vacuous facial expressions, sometimes it's hard to tell whether he's being serious or amusing. when she first met him, she really was intimidated. she wanted to do good by him, think before she spoke and make sure he liked her. she always wondered why a man like him would come and talk to her.

guess she isn't the only one drawn to things that aren't good for her huh?

"but in another life, what if i wasn't?" Taehyung raises his brows. he's taking the conversation very seriously. although he's not incredibly religious, he believes in God but likes to think of other lives. he's mentioned that he'd love to be anything but himself. Farah hopes that in every next life, they come across each other some way or another. whether it's as enemies, friends or lovers, she hopes they find each other. maybe she'll own a peach farm and he'll complain.

of course, the government will let him down and he'll have to confront her.

"i'd be scared of you."

"you're lucky you're here then and i'm so nice to you."

Farah pulls a face, furrowing her brows and she rolls her eyes. "what are you talking about?" she notices Taehyung grinning at her as he teases her as always. "you bully me all the time." she gasps.

"i never bully you." Taehyung doesn't blink, tawny eyes gleaming as he gaily hits her with the book in his hands. she doesn't catch it's title but it's thick and crusty on its edges.

"what did you just do then?"

"that was a playful pat." Taehyung hides his smile behind his book.

the memory ends.

Farah snaps back to reality in which a situation with Taehyung is occurring. she's in his hotel room, observing how he's sat on the floor with stacks of books around him. it's a day of Spanish hotness, the kind where you can't even look up at the sky because the sun demands your fear. so as all humans do, we oblige and stay indoors. we blame the heat and the impact on our achy eyes as we drink and eat cool items. we cope with things by doing its opposite.