𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐮𝐩

"𝘚𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘢, 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘶𝘱"

I was stunned. I stood there like a statue, frozen. How come Dongyoon say that easily. How come he let go of me after all these years. We've been together for 4 years since we started our 8th grade. I still loved him dearly.

"But Dongyoon ah, why?" I held his hand, looking down, I didn't dare to look up to his face. Tears are pooling at the edge of my lower lashline, threatening to spill at any minute.

"𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦,"
Dongyoon said. His voice felt really cold in my ears.

I stood there, crying my heart out. My tears were uncontrollably falling down when I heard his cold and eerie voice. He shook my hand off his hand and wiped off the remaining tears of mine with the fabric of his tailored uniform pants. he coldly walked away from me, further and further away from me. leaving me alone at the school's rooftop, crying. In the middle of a dark-eerie summer afternoon.

--

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

---

The rain started to drizzle on top of my head. hiding away my tears with the fresh droplets of summer rain. I cried so hard that day, I was too busy crying my heart out when a shadow started to hover over me, shielding me away from the rain. The shadow didn't go away from me until the rain stopped along with my crying. He even left his jacket over my shoulder. 𝘾𝙝𝙖 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙝𝙤, that was written on the name tag attached to the jacket.

Too bad he went away after leaving his jacket over my shoulder.

"Seunghee, I was looking for you everywhere," Yujin's voice is filled with worried. "What happened?"

"Yujin ah," I hugged her and cried all over again.

"What happened, Seunghee ah?" She asked, patting my back gently.

"Dongyoon and I broke up," I sobbed.

"Oh my God," She whispered and hugged me tightly. "But anyway, who's jacket was that? it wasn't the jacket our year supposed to use."

"I don't know. He went away after the rain stopped," I wiped away my tears.

"Cha Junho," she read the letters from the name tag. "The Cha Junho?"

"Who is him? Is he from our year?" I asked while walking with her to the locker room to take my spare uniform.

"No. He's a senior. He's quite famous. He was in our school's dance crew," She explained.

"Why would he put his jacket on me if he didn't know me. I wasn't even that famous for the record," I wondered while getting myself dressed in my dry spare uniform.

"You didn't know the video of you singing at the rooftop was posted at the school's cafè and everyone's been talking about how beautiful your voice is," Yujin said.

"Seunghee, where have you been?" this time my classmate and best friend, Song Hyeongjun, asked in his rich Tongyeong accent.

"Hyeongjun ah~" I cooed and quietly took my seat beside him.

"What happened to her?" I could hear Hyeongjun asking Yujin.

"Dongyoon broke up with her a while ago," Yujin said after she asked my approval to let Hyeongjun know about this.

"He's leaving you for that bitch?" Hyeongjun grew furious.

"You know that too?" I frowned.

"Let me rip him apart," Hyeongjun balled his fist and stood up from his chair.

"Hyeongjun, no. please stay with me," I held his hand and put him back to his seat.

Dongyoon two-timed me with a girl from the other homeroom. This news had been spreading around the school for almost two weeks. it was a week before our fourth anniversary that I found out about the girl. I caught him kissing her at our school's annual baseball showdown. A week later, this happened. As much I love him, I had never found out that I was that much of a boring girlfriend for him. So, yeah, I held Hyeongjun back just to let Hyeongjun be the sweetest boy in our school and let him out of the detention for a while.

--------