Chapter 1: What A Shitty Funeral

P.O.V.-Point of view

A/n-Authors notes

a/an-a or an

(Y/n)-First name

(N/n)-Your nickname

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

March 17, 2019

It was raining hard, the branches from outside were swaying through the harsh wind that came with the relentless rain and I could hear it banging on my window. The screeching sound it made was utterly horrible. The only thing keeping me comfortable was the soft Lo-Fi music being played on the radio.

Its melodic tunes resonated all over my house. I was alone, but that has been this way for years. So you sort of get used to it after some time. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up on their ends of how cold it was. So to solve that simple problem, I pulled the blanket wrapped over my body tighter around me. Snuggling contently into its warmth.

The fire from the fireplace continued to flicker brightly throughout the night, even until midnight approached soon enough. The marshmallows on my hot chocolate were starting to sink because of all the liquid they absorbed. The drink itself was beginning to go from hot to warm then cold. It lost its warmth after a while of transferring it to my freezing hands.

Tick!
Tock!
Tick!
Tock!

The grandfather clock that I got first for furniture when I brought my house back when I was still new, sounded off from across the living room. Its sound, though somewhat irritating, still gave me a sense of comfort. Simply because it reminded me that this was my home. My own home.

I relaxed back on my couch, satisfied with myself with everything I've accomplished on my own. Then all of a sudden the grandfather chimed loudly. Its hour hand struck the number 12, signaling that it was already midnight.

Meaning it was time to sleep because I had work tomorrow. Calling it a day, I stood up from the couch and began to walk toward the kitchen to dump all the remaining hot chocolate down the sink.

A notification on my phone went off, deciding to ignore it and go continue my small journey to the kitchen. Once completed, another notification went off, then another, and another. Until my phone was going off like crazy.

"What the Hell happened?! If it's going to be another celebrity issue they want me to get involved with, I swear to God Allison, I'm going to kill you and your publicist if she tries to drag me into another one of your publicity stunts!" I yelled in frustration at how my once peaceful night was now broken, "Shit..."

The notifications blowing up my phone were news channels and newspapers trying to get information out of me. I had not expected what had happened to happen. It was totally out of the blue and almost unbelievable. I continued to scroll up and down through the hundreds of articles, blogs, and videos regarding the topic. It was straight-up insane.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, an eccentric billionaire, and adventurer or better known as my father. Adoptive father to be precise in fact. Allegedly he had died at 7:02 PM just today. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Dad? He looked fine to me the last time I visited.

But I wasn't sad either. It was weird, I couldn't tell whether I was mourning his death or celebrating it. 'He's finally dead...? After all this time it only took a fucking heart failure to do that to him?' I scoffed in pure annoyance.

"I need a drink to deal with shit." Rubbing my temples harshly in hopes of subsiding the pain in my head.

March 24, 2019

These days it always seemed like it was raining. The weather was truly relentless to us, not giving us a break to catch up with some sunshine. The smell of freshly brewed coffee was ever so present in the car. The windshield wiper, moving quickly from one side to another, I groaned in frustration at its incorporation. No matter how much it did it's best to wipe away the rain. The water came back as soon as it flung across the car to the pavement of the road.