Halloween

Juliet

"I've got Prom Night and Scream 2. I tried to look for When A Stranger Calls, but no luck," she told Rosemary when she opened the door. "Also, my dad sort of picked these. He gave them the mark of approval."

"I see," Rosemary smiled. "Hi, Mr. Capulet."

"Hi, Rosemary."

Halloween was on a Friday this year, and Rosey and Juliet had decided to stay in watching scary movies instead of going trick - or - treating. Rosemary didn't really like scary movies, so Juliet picked some good quality ones so that she wouldn't be bored.

"What should we watch first?" Rosemary asked.

"Hmm... Let's watch Prom Night," Juliet suggested.

The put it in the DVD player and started it.

"So the antagonist is human?" Rosemary asked.

"Yes." Juliet kept watching.

"I like when they're human. It means they can be killed or locked away for life. There's a solution, and the horror quality is in the fact that humans are capable of that." Of course, Rosemary's philosophies. Nothing is scary about fiction, what's scary is the unknown and the human.

"I like when they can't be, but yeah. This is a good movie." Juliet, on the other, thought that was boring. The fun in horror movies was the thought that it wasn't a worldly issue. It was supernatural, unexplained, and there was nothing to do about it. That was what made it scary.

As they watched, Rosemary made little comments along the way, but Juliet could tell she was enjoying it. When it finished, Rosemary's eyes were wide.

"They made him identify the body," she whispered. "I just might cry. That was like a chick flick for really messed up chicks."

"Yeah," Juliet laughed. "It was sad. I... Ugh, I hate that part."

"Haha, George Tucker died." George Tucker was a character from Heart of Dixie, but the actor who played him was apparently the boyfriend of the protagonist.

"Yep. I'm slightly disturbed that you find that so funny," Juliet admitted with a laugh. "What did George Tucker ever do to you?"

"He ruined Zade!" Rosemary screeched. "I mean, Wade also ruined Zade and then Zoe ruined Zade but George did it first, he was all charming and sweet with all his southern gentleman hospitality."

"Okay..."

****

"It's colder tonight than it was the last time we did this," Rosey pointed out as they walked through the darkness.

"It's also the end of October, not August," Juliet laughed. "Of course it's colder."

It was a brisk night, and a few people were outside, which was a little intimidating, but then again, they were two teenagers, and society didn't mess with teenagers usually.

"You know that guy on my bus who makes fun of me?" Rosemary asked.

Of course Juliet knew. His name was Matt, and he was the actual worst. He found out that Rose liked girls, and decided to torment her in response. "Sure."

"I know where he lives," Rosemary explained.

"Really?" Thinking back to the day after the end of eighth grade, she remembered Rosemary trying to take her and Jocelyn on an adventure. There never ended up being one, though. It was still nice, but it wasn't an adventure. This, on the other hand, was the start of an adventure.