Chapter 3

"Are you hiring?" Earth asked at the bar, clutching his CV to his chest, smiling as broadly as he could to show how good of a worker he was.

"Kid, are you even old enough to work at a bar? You look about fifteen." The manager of the bar commented derisively, giving Earth a once-over with his eyes.

"I'm in my mid twenties, I just have a young face." Earth protested.

"Sorry kid, you might be but no one wants to be served alcohol by someone who looks as young as you." Earth was dismissed, shooed out of the bar.

"Fuck." Earth said, stomping his foot once when he made it outside, shoving his CV back in his satchel, smoothing his shirt down and calming himself. His phone in his back pocket buzzed, and he pulled it out, seeing the name "Flukey-baby" he slid his headphones in, sliding over the answer icon.

"Hey sexy." Fluke said with a laugh. "What are you up to?"

"I'm out looking for a job." Earth replied, walking down the street, looking for any help wanted signs.

"You haven't looked for a job in years, good luck. Want to come eat? I know you've probably been half starving yourself out there." Fluke asked.

"Sure, at your guy's place?" Earth asked.

"Nah, I'll text you the address." Fluke replied.

"Okay! I'll see you in a bit."

Fluke hung up the phone, smiling to himself. Ohm came up behind him, pulling him into a hug from behind, lacing his hands around his waist, the taller man's fingers twisting the thin material of Fluke's shirt.

"That's your scheme face." Ohm said, kissing the side of his neck.

"My what?"

"Your scheme face. The face you make when you have some sort of scheme brewing."

"Me? Scheme?" Fluke retorted, giving a little snort of mock disbelief. "I have never schemed once in my life sir!"

"Sure, of course not." Ohm chuckled. "But seriously, what are you up to?"

Fluke twisted on the bar stool he was seated on, turning around in Ohm's arms to face him.

"You think Earth is a good guy, right?" He asked.

"Sure, he's kind, cute, gentle." Ohm replied with a shrug. "Not as cute as you are though." He continued, nuzzling Fluke's neck. Fluke pushed him off annoyedly, pursing his lips.

"And I know that you and I are like hopelessly in love, but that's not how we met." Fluke continued.

"Yeah, sure. We met online. Lots of people use dating apps." Ohm replied.

"Honey, I love you, but you know that you met me on a dating app for gays looking for sugar daddies and vice versa."

"Well yes, but when you say it that was it seems like you're just using me and I know you aren't."

"Obviously not anymore since we fell in love, but Earth is having so much trouble since James, may he die in a fire, kicked him to the curb, and I know he's lonely, and maybe I was thinking-"

Ohm cut him off.

"Thinking? This is where you usually go wrong baby." Fluke playfully slapped his chest.

"Stop it!" He cried, his lips curled in an amused smile. "I think this is a really good idea! We can sign him up for the same service we used, and we can act as his sort of managers, reviewing candidates and choosing one we think would be good as a lover for him." Fluke suggested, giving a wry grin to Ohm.