Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to the_heiress_maknae

Thank you for everything! Haypayb!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On behalf of Thai Airways, the flight crew would like to welcome you to Incheon International Airport. We will be arriving at the gate momentarily. Please remain in your seats with your seat belt securely fastened until the aircraft has come to complete stop at the terminal gate."

Lisa woke up through the soft alarm of the overhead seatbelt signs of the aircraft. It was then followed by soft thud that echoed throughout the cabin as the wheels are now engaged, ready for landing. She adjusted her seat and straightened her back as she felt a mild sore from the uncomfortable sleeping position she had for the majority of the flight. She was never a fan of long haul flights but she had no choice. Her groggy state made her realized that the aircraft is now landing which prompted her to check the time on her wristwatch. It shows 9:30 PM, then it must be at least 11:30 PM here now, she thought while adjusting her wristwatch.

She began to appreciate late-night flights, since there were less people and the border control isn't packed by disembarked passengers. She breezed through everything quite easily, and she expected herself to be out of the airport in under an hour, including picking up her checked in luggage at the baggage carousel.

"Lalisa!" a voice echoed at the arrival gates.

Lisa scanned the area beyond the sliding doors, asking herself if there were at least three Lalisas on the same flight or on the same gate. Approaching the wrong person and making a fool for herself  was not at the top of her list especially in a new country. She heard the voice again, this time much louder and clearer.

"Here! Lalisa! Look here!" Lisa finally recognized the voice and made her way through a bunch of clueless tourists which were unnecessarily  clumped together at the front gate.

"Bambam!" She exclaimed excitedly and instinctively wrapped her childhood friend into a comforting hug. They basically grew up together until Bambam left Thailand to study in South Korea.

"How was your flight? All good?" Bambam asked after loosening the embrace and quickly took the handles of Lisa's suitcase. He moved slightly, prompting Lisa to walk with him out of the airport.

"It was not so bad! Mostly slept through it all." She responded.

"As expected," Bambam said while grinning. "Still up for 3-4 hours more travelling?" He added while hoisting the last of the two suitcases into the trunk at the back of their parked car.

"Ugh!" Lisa shot him a defeated look and pulled the sling of her backpack as she realized that she really doesn't much have a choice and her dreams of settling into a warm bed soon is no longer possible anytime soon.

--------

Lisa's ability to sleep in long travels seem to be working at her advantage. The much needed slumber was deep enough to regain a bit of energy. After the seemingly and endless long drive from the airport, the car finally pulled  stop in front of an old apartment compound. As they approached the small hallway of the compound, the apartment door suddenly opened and a woman in her late thirties emerged. The woman turned and a wide grin formed on her face.

"Lalisa! You're here! You're finally here!" The woman practically jumped, cupped Lisa's cheeks and quickly planted a swift pecks on both sides of the younger woman.

"Auntie Sunmi! It's good to see you again." Lisa couldn't help a wide smile and tenderly held the woman's arms.

Sunmi tilted her head to get a glimpse of Bambam standing behind Lisa. "Did you kids drive all the way here from the Airport at this wee hour of the morning?"