Chapter 3

"Jennie." Jisoo called the younger girl's attention as she handed her a can of beer. "I have a couple of frozen stuff that is about to arrive sometime this week. What's your plan?"

Jennie tore her gaze away from her laptop, with an irritated look on her face. She heaves a deep sigh. Working with a team that is halfway across the world with a very big time zone difference drains all of her energy. Countless production incidents caused her and the rest of the team to work round the clock to resolve all issues, and this made her really tired recently and question her reasons again why she moved back to South Korea in the first place. "Sorry Jisoo-unnie, what was that again?"

"I was asking about your plan with the remaining boxes of crabs in my freezer. There were still 4 boxes left and once the new orders arrive, they would not all fit in. What are you gonna do with those frozen crabs anyway?"

"Fuck, I forgot to tell Yang-oppa to stop the delivery." Jennie sighs. This won't be good, she thought.

The boxes of crabs were the outcome of a stupid drunken bet made over bottles of soju between the two of them. They found out that Sunmi's moving just in front of their chicken restaurant and will be opening a crab bistro. So, the bet was made. Jennie whose pride's as high as Mt. Everest lost the bet and decided to proceed with it even after Jisoo telling her not to do so, Sunmi's a friend anyway. Little did they know that it would cost a lot of trouble on the latter's part.

"Earth to Jennie!" Jisoo called the younger Kim again who look so worried and seems lost with her train of thoughts.

"Oh. Right! I will cook the remaining batch. Crab fried rice and curry." She closed her laptop, opened her beer which she hopes is still cold enough and continued, "I will also tell Yang-oppa that we won't order crabs anymore. Speaking of crabs Jisoo-unnie, have you tried Sunmi-unnies crab curry? I was there few days ago and oh boy! It was really good!

"Wait Jendeukie, you went there and ate without telling me?" Jisoo pouted.

"Silly, remember you told me Lisa always comes here almost everyday then suddenly stopped? I went there to check if she is okay. I was just lucky enough that she's eating crab curry and shared it with me." Jennie nods her head. Satisfied with her explanation.

"I actually stopped listening after to check if she's okay." Jisoo's eyes narrowed, smiling at Jennie. "She must be a very important customer, way too important to grace by our mighty Jennie's presence." She added.

"Yah unnie! Stop teasing me!" Jennie said, cheeks turning red.
-----

Lisa could not sleep. It has been a perfect night. The small banters, the jacket, the food and the kiss. Specially the kiss. She still feels euphoric every time she remembers that kiss. So yes, it has been perfect night until she saw those boxes. "Ugh! Damn those boxes." She said to herself. "Does that mean that Aunt Sunmi was right all along?" Great, I'm talking to myself now. She thought. After few tossed and turned, a decision was made. She'll talk to Jennie about it.

The plan to talk to Jennie went down the drain. The end of first semester was fast approaching and she was piled up with a lot of research papers that she needed to submit. While she regularly exchanged messages with Jennie, she can't bring up the topic about the discovered boxes. For her, it should be discussed face to face and not over the phone. Although, she could not help but smile at the idea of spending another afternoon with Jennie, or over dinner or whatever.

Suddenly that confrontation about those boxes no longer matter, does it?
----

Lisa stretched her arms in relief after hitting the save button. She has been working on those documents for few weeks now. She folded her laptop and bagged the rest of her belongings off the desk when she noticed the screen of her iPhone briefly lit up, indicating a received message. It was only just half past five, and she thought it might be tad early to do some errands since her Aunt Sunmi was out of town for the rest of the week, thinking that it might be an emergency. She quickly fished the device out of the bag to check, only to find out that the message came from the person that occupies her mind, not only during her free time but most of the day.