The Cursed Reaper

Warning: There will be a slight mention of blood and graphic violence in this chapter. Viewer discretion is advised.

"Yes, of course...you're a distinguished actor in the team...", Bill said proudly as he waved the stick around. "And most of all, I've taken a liking to you bluntly informing me of my condition."

"It shall be you!", he swung it down hard, nearly hitting a guy in the arm.

Alan rolled his eyes, looking at Legosi, who was also holding a stick— and looking very uncomfortable.

"You alright?", he asked.

"...", the wolf looked down for a moment. "I don't know if I can do this."

"You've got nothing to worry about!", Bill suddenly appeared beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Your role is just a mook with a few lines. It'll be easy!"

Alan wasn't exactly surprised at the change. With Bill taking Louis' role, someone had to take his place as one of the mooks who fight Adler. Unfortunately, this left a certain tall grey wolf for the position— with little choice. The human couldn't help worrying about Legosi, given how timid he usually is. Being on stage must be a terrifying prospect for him. He felt the same way of course, but he still felt a bit of pity for the wolf.

"I'm sure it won't be so bad.", he added with a small smile. "Just don't focus on the crowd and you'll do great."

Bill grinned, "See? Alan's got the right idea!"

The wolf shifted slightly, "I have slow reflexes..."

"Boink!", Legosi suddenly had his stick up defensively, eyes wide as Alan held another against it.

"Slow reflexes, huh?", he asked with a raised eyebrow before backing off. "Don't worry about it. With a little practice, I'm sure it'll go smoothly."

    He let the wolf and tiger practice themselves, taking note of how fierce the two of them seemed to be. It looked like they were actually fighting— either that or they were taking the scene more seriously than they should. It made Alan worry a little, but he brushed it off as them being themselves. Bill honestly seemed to be having fun going against Legosi in practice, evident by the ever-present grin on his face. The wolf seemed more annoyed than excited, scowling slightly.

"Alan," Samou called him. "With Legosi taking Bill's spot as a mook, you'll be helping out with the lighting."

"Uh, alright.", he said. "I'm not sure how it's supposed to go, though."

"Don't worry, Kai will help you through it. If you aren't sure of what to do, don't be afraid to ask him."

"Yeah, sure...", he muttered, somehow feeling the mongoose's eyes on him and possibly burning into him. He certainly had issues regarding his anger, but he wouldn't say it to him out loud. He didn't want to trigger him, after all.

    Once rehearsal was done, Alan went back to the dorm slower than usual. A lot of unexpected things happened within the course of a day, and he needed to process it all. Louis hurt his foot and was replaced by Bill, whose original role was taken by Legosi in turn. Now the human had to help with the lighting in the second performance, which he didn't have much knowledge on.

He took a breath, "Well, it can't go too badly, right?"

~~*~~

"Are you sure you can handle this?", Kai asked as the human put the headset on.

"Of course! Samou said you were gonna help me through it so that at least takes some of the stress off.", he said with a small stretch.