Resolving Fury

"Damn it...", Alan said as he struggled to hold the nail clippers with shaking hands.

    He only became aware of it just before he and Legosi got offstage, but the damage was already done. Coming off the adrenaline high he got from stopping Bill, he noticed a pain in both his hands. One look down was all it took, dropping the sword and running for the lockers once the curtain fell. The others were left to deal with the aftermath. He couldn't let them see, otherwise he'd have to answer a lot of questions. Questions he wasn't ready to commit to.

    He managed to get a first aid kit and wrap his palms up, but then he had to deal with the newly sharpened nails on his fingers. It usually wasn't so hard, but with the lingering pain, he couldn't hold still enough to be quick about it. He had gotten around three of them clipped before he stopped, taking a shaking breath.

"So that's why you ran off.", he snapped his head up, seeing Kai looking at him with his arms crossed.

The human instantly put his hands behind him, "W-what do you mean? I just needed to cool off a bit after what—"

"I'm not an idiot, y'know.", he cut him off and stepped closer. "I saw them before you went to stop Bill and Legosi."

He sighed before holding his hands out, "I had a feeling someone was gonna find out, just not this early on."

The mongoose sat beside him and looked at the nails closely, "I'm guessing human nails don't grow like that."

"Well, human's aren't exactly known for clawing things.", Alan grabbed the clippers and cut the next nail. "Human nails are usually curved on the end— especially with males. Females like to grow them out a little for fashion."

He grunted as he got another, "But this...isn't normal for humans. Just me."

"So, what is it exactly? Like a medical condition or something? I don't think the others would care much about it."

"Something like that...", he moved to his other hand. "I can't give details for personal reasons, but lets just say there's a side to me I'd rather keep in the shadows."

Kai raised an eyebrow for a moment, "Well, if it's anything like how you were on stage back there, I'm pretty sure it won't stay there for long."

"It will, I just have to make sure I don't let it slip.", he said before glancing down at him. "You're not gonna tell anyone, are you?"

The mongoose scoffed, "I'm not a loudmouth! Do you really think I'd blab off about your nails?"

"Well, you are kind of angry a lot..."

"Shut up!"

"Hey, I'm just saying. With your personality, I wouldn't be surprised.", he chuckled.

"Come on! Am I really that bad?!"

"Nah...", Alan smirked as he got to his last finger. He grunted as he started to clip it, finding it difficult like a few of the others. A sudden pang went from the hand he held the clippers with, making him hiss and drop them.

He sighed and moved his fingers slowly, "Why is this so hard for me to do?"

"Call me crazy, but it might be the cuts you have on your hands.", Kai grabbed his other hand and picked up the clippers. "I'm surprised you even got most of your nails clipped with them shaking like that."

"I'm graceful with my movements...most of the time."

Snip

Alan blinked, "How'd you do that so fast?"

"Hello? Mongoose— claws!", he held up a hand for emphasis. "You really should brush up on your anatomy."