DOCE

Josephine's phone lit up with a text notification from Josh. She didn't have to read it to know he was here for her. She had gone to her younger twin brother's room earlier since they're next door to her. She knew they wouldn't be asleep, they were absolute night owls, so she informed them that she's sneaking out to get McDonald's. They said they would cover for her if anything happens if they could each get a six-piece chicken nugget. She obliged and was now ready to sneakily leave her house from her window.

Her house only had the main floor, but it was fairly big. She has her own room, her little sister has her own room, and the twins share a room. Her dad offered to get rid of his office if either twin wanted to move in, but they prefer sharing, which was very convenient for her dad. Josephine also has her own bathroom. She had begged her parents for years to put in a small bathroom in her room. She said she can just split her closet in half. Half bathroom and the other her closet. She's more of a drawer girl, so losing closet space wasn't an issue for her. the bathroom was built perfectly and worked flawlessly. Now, she doesn't have to wait for everyone to use the bathroom in the morning.

Jo took off the screen from her window, tossing it to the side. Her bed was placed by the window specifically for this type of occasion. She quickly slid through the window, shutting it when she was fully out and on her feet. She landed on the side of her house, she took off in a jog to the driveway where she saw Josh's car parked on the curb. She smiled widely as she hopped into the passenger seat. "Hi!" her bubbly personality remained even in the ass crack of night.

"Hey, have you slept at all? You seem pretty awake." Josh asked, beginning to pull away from the curb and starting their journey to the nearest McDonalds. She shook her head no, "Nah. I'm definitely awake now though. A lot of adrenaline is rushing through me and I can't feel my face." She wasn't lying, every time she sneaks out she's terrified that her mother will find out and ground her from seeming her friends. She knows her mom won't hesitate to do it.

Josh chuckled, keeping his sight on the road. "What about you? Liv mentioned that tomorrow you're filming some big dancing stuff." He also shook his head, "I couldn't sleep. So I went on Instagram and I saw that Liv posted your post on her Instagram story. So I took upon the liberties to follow you." She rolled her eyes at his pretend cockiness. "But really I should be sleeping. We're filming Truth, Justice, and Songs in Our Key tomorrow."

Joey chuckled softly, "you act as if I know what the hell that is." He chuckled too, "sorry. All you need to know is that it's some big dancing stuff." She nodded slowly, turning her head to look out the window.

She watched as he passed a McDonalds, "Josh?" He hummed. "Do you know where to go? Cause we just passed it." His eyes went wide, "I swear to God, I didn't notice. I'll turn around."

Once Joshua had successfully arrived at McDonald's he went up to the drive-through. Josh ordered then turned to Joey, "what do you want?"

She told Josh and then he repeated her order to the worker. She doesn't like drive-throughs because they stress her out, so she was grateful that Josh had told her order to the lady for her. Once Josh was told the price and to move forward he directed to Jo, "you're getting a lot of chicken nuggets." He chuckled at his own joke. Cute, Joey thought,

She smiled softly at him, "my brothers said they'd cover for me if I get them nugs. I'm just a great sister, no cap." Josephine tends to use slang and abbreviations when it gets late and she's tired. She doesn't usually say those things out loud, but when she's half-asleep she doesn't pay attention to her vocabulary.

She threw her long dark hair off of her shoulder, she reached into her wallet to take out a few dollars to give to Josh. He noticed her digging through her wallet, "you're good, Jo. I got it." she frowned at him, "no I want to help."