Chapter 5: A Deal

You sure she's alright...

she will be fine...

"Urggggh," I groaned

I was in a chair in the middle of a room. My legs and hands were tied. I started to panic. What the hell was happening? Suddenly the door opened and how surprised I was to see the queen and General Maddox walk right in.

Half an hour later...

I felt like I was staring into space. The table in front of me just doesn't seem to exist. The queen and the general were waiting for my answer.

"What, just what?" I said completely shocked.

After General Maddox released me from the great uncomfortable chair, I was seated in the same room with the queen. She told me the reason I wasn't chosen for the position was that she had another job for me. She wanted me to marry the king-to-be. At first, I thought she was joking and started laughing but both the queen and the general looked serious and didn't smile. I then realized she was serious and I asked her why. The queen told me that she needed someone who would be able to survive in court and if I did this for her, I will actually have a purpose for life. For now, I added. Plus, the most important reason for this was so that the king-to-be would be able to be crowned in three months. Just about 90 days. I could do that. I think. Back to the present.

"You will not really be married, just paper-married," began the General.

I cut him off, "What the hell is paper-married." I suddenly remembered my manners and muttered a quick apology.

"Paper-married is when you sign the forms that allow you to be well married," began the queen. " To actually be married, is if you guys actually did the ceremony."

I was silent, trying to process the news. "What did the king-to-be say."

"He doesn't know yet," the queen admitted.

I felt horrified. He might kill me! General Maddox saw my expression and chuckled, " The king usually does what his mother tells him so you should be fine." 

"The king what," a new voice entered the door.

A young man, aged around 20 stood at the door, arms across his chest. He was wearing the royal signal so I knew instantly that he was of the royal bloodline. He stood around 6"3" ft and had dark blonde hair. His green eyes met mine and I instantly knew that this was the worst day of my life. Holy sh*t! This guy. This guy! Why? I gave a mental groan. I just found my mate but he has no clue who the hell I am. Fantastic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later...

How can he look so calm, this is insane. I watched his expression. He was displeased but he agreed with the queen. 

"Before you make your choice, can I talk with her first," the queen asked gesturing at me.