01: Cry of the Dragon

Mirajane quickly reached Lucy's apartment, which was currently in ruins. The destruction stretched until the end of the street. Debris and huge rocks scattered on the road. Some people had even received minor injuries. They were already being evacuated by the other Fairy Tail guild members who happened to pass by and witnessed everything.

Too many noises registered in her ears. The cries of the affected tenants, the neighbors, and Levy who was currently craddling Lucy on her lap with her arms around her best friend as though it was enough to keep her from Natsu's reach.

The Fire Dragon Slayer took steps closer to where the two girls were—just beside the wall below the destroyed window—with fire emitting on each of his steps. The way he walked was unsteady and slow. It was like Natsu was in dazed, or probably he was sleeping and it was his Dragon who had taken over.

It wasn't like he had two personalities. Mira was referring to his instinct. Dragon Slayers had the capabilities of real Dragons. It was even a known fact that too much use of Dragon Slaying Magic could eventually turn them into real ones.

The point was aside from the power of the Fire Dragon, it's natural for him to acquire its physical needs and tendencies such as the sharp senses, predatory instinct, and…the need of mating.

Natsu was probably having an internal turmoil because of the strange changes until he was taken over by his instinct. Now, it was like he was under the influence of a drug and he didn't know what he was doing.

Mirajane frowned, some familiar memories of almost the same situation flashed in her head. "I have to wake him up before this gets worse."

She was about to go down there when an iron club hit Natsu, coming from the other side, causing him to fly away from Levy and Lucy. Natsu's body hit the destroyed wall, causing it to crumble completely over him.

"Mirajane!" Gajeel called as he attended to Levy. He was wounded. Mira didn't have any idea what happened before the explosion, but it seemed like they had been fighting for a while already.

Without any more words from him, Mira quickly went to his aid and carried Lucy, while Gajeel threw Levy onto his shoulder, ignoring her curses.

"You know that he can't be stopped, right?"

Gajeel groaned. Natsu mirrored his behaviour when he was in the same situation before. "Fuck, yeah. I've been in his shoes."

Only that, he wasn't as a menace as this fire-breathing bastard. Or maybe because he was immediately dealt with by Gildarts. Unfortunately, the S-Class Mage had taken a special request from their Master a few days ago. No one knew where he was at the moment aside from Makarov.

I hope the Master thinks of summoning Gildarts back here.

"Then, let's go. All we need to do is to lure him into his temporary cell."

Gajeel would have enjoyed another 1-on-1 battle with the Salamander if he's sane. But right now, it felt like he was fighting with a zombie who couldn't feel any pain. It was extremely annoying. It would be more fun if he could piss off the mighty Salamander, wouldn't it?

"But for him to be completely sealed, you have to knock him out," Gajeel replied.

"The reason why we need to buy Erza more time. She's on her way back here. You and her will work together to seal him with sealing magic chains, while I'll be his distraction as I carry Lucy with me," Mira tilted her head, confirming Happy's remarks about how heavy Lucy was.

"Let me bring this shrimp to safer place first."

"What shrimp?!" Levy punched Gajeel's back.

Mira chuckled. "Sure."