05: New Normal?

Not minding the cold wooden floor beneath her bare feet, Lucy walked down the hallway of the building as she tried to sense if someone was around. Her body was clad in a white dress with the ends reaching past her knees and ruffles along the neckline, while her long golden hair loose and swaying gracefully at her every movement.

When she reached the stairs, she almost stumbled down if her hand hadn't quickly grabbed onto the wall to support herself. She suddenly felt dizzy as her head hurt a little, that's why! Her eyes widened in terror. 

“W-What?” She sweatdropped. “Did my whole life just flash before me for a few seconds? Ehh?”

She had experienced things worse than rolling down the stairs, though.

With trembling knees and thumping heart, she continued walking down the stairs and proceeded to the kitchen when she caught a whiff of cookies. Her stomach grumbled.

There she found Juvia arranging the newly baked cookies on a tray before sliding three pieces in a small plastic pack and tied it with a blue ribbon. Lucy giggled. Baking had become Juvia's hobby. The first time she made those Gray-buns, it was a complete disaster. Look how much she improved.

“Juvia.”

“E-Eh?! Lucy-san?” She jumped in surprise.

She was wearing a white apron with prints of Gray's small faces like polka dots, and a blue dress that reached half of her thighs. Her wavy blue hair was in a high ponytail.

“Are you going to sell it?” Lucy asked as she walked closer and peeked over the cookies. The Fairy Tail mark was engraved in each of them.

“Uh, no. Not exactly. Max asked Juvia to make cookies so he'll sell them in his Fairy Tail Merchandise Shop. We'll be sharing the profit.”

“Like a business partner, huh…”

“H-Huh?! Gray-sama is only Juvia's partner!”

Lucy giggled. “Yes, yes. Can I have one?”

Juvia nodded, pouting as she continued packing the cookies. Lucy hummed in delight. It wasn't too sweet, but tasty. There were small chocolate toppings that melted on her tongue. It was crispy, yet soft on the inside. Lucy had quickly finished the first one that she couldn't resist reaching for another one.

“S-Sorry. It's so delicious, I can't help it!”

Juvia blinked at her, blushing. “Does it taste good?”

The blonde only hummed, filling her mouth with a huge bite of cookie.

Silence surrounded them for a moment. Juvia finished the thirty packs of cookies, leaving some pieces of them for Erza and the other girls, and of course, for her beloved Gray.

Lucy smiled at her. “Hmm, can you go with me now that you're done?”

“Huh? To where?”

“To the guild! I'd like to see Happy and Natsu!”

Slowly, Juvia's smile faded. She looked away and began gathering the packs of cookies in a basket.

“I'm sorry, Lucy-san—”

“Oh! I forgot you'll bring the cookies to the guild! I'll be going with you, then—”