14

It was close to five p.m when Ru got into the bus with Wes, right after their Lit Class. It wasn't very crowded because the usual throng of chattering kids had already finished their classes and had gone home. Wes got a call from one of her clients so she was busy talking on the phone so Ru put on her headphones and went through her playlist.

That's when she noticed from the corner of her eye, the familiar cropped russet brown hair three seats ahead of them on the row parallel to theirs. How come she hadn't noticed!

She signaled Wes that she wants to move up front and got up to her feet and made her way to Vaughn's seat. She lowered herself into the seat next to his. He looked up at her in surprise and grinned widely as he recognized her. Pulling the earplugs off his ears, he turned to her.

'Hey', his eyes glinted mischievously, 'do you want my alibi now?'

Ru couldn't help laughing, 'gimme a break dude!' Vaughn smiled.

'How's everything going supergirl?'

'Bleak', she responded, 'Mel and Stefan went somewhere, apparently they've found something which could help us track him down...though I highly doubt, with the luck we have, if we'd be able to find him'.

Vaughn patted her on the knee, 'there, there'. Ru shrugged.

'Ever since this person has been ruining our peace and quiet I don't think I've felt completely relaxed', she said grimly.

'Where are you off to now?' Vaughn asked curiously.

'I'm was thinking of dropping in at Wes' house for a snack and then we'll make it to the event at Redden-garden'.

'Redden-Garden?' Vaughn asked thoughtfully and then grinned, 'the kiddies festival?'

'Yes', she responded, 'Mavis' sister is performing, plus it's volunteer work. Even our friend Sam, you know the new transfer student, he's going too. Don't underestimate a kiddie's festival'. She grinned. Vaughn held up his hands in front of him defensively.

'I'll pop in at the event then!' When he noticed Ru's look of surprise, he added, 'I'll bring a bouquet of lilies for the little young lady'. Realizing he was referring to Mavis' sister, Ru grinned.

'Trying to charm us?' She asked, with a comical expression.

Vaughn leaned in a bit, 'anything for the supergirl'. Ru blushed and laughed softly.

'Am I interrupting something here?' Wes asked as she slid into the seat in the corner next to Ru.

Ru shook her head with a smile, 'not one bit. In fact, he was bullying me'. Wes laughed. 'He wants to pop in at Redden-garden', Ru added, suddenly remembering that she had to ask Wes if he could join them.

Wes smiled at Vaughn pleasantly.

'I'm Wes', she shook hands with him, 'since you don't want to introduce me Ru!' She gave a comical, accusatory glance her way. Ru looked at her sheepishly. Before she could ask her if he could join them, Wes asked him if he would like to join them for a snack before heading to Redden-Garden.

Vaughn looked extremely pleased to get the invitation from the host herself and grinned.

'Thank you Wesley! You sure are a sport', he turned to Ru, 'see you didn't have to ask her, she asked me!' Wes laughed. Ru made a face at Vaughn and rolled her eyes at Wes. Wes was very amused, she couldn't help internally laughing at Ru and her new friend. They were so alike.

Kids.

Stefan and Mel were still at the hospitable abode of Mrs. Javier. The lady must have been so lonely for she tried her best to keep the two of them as long she could. She talked about Javier's childhood, since they were supposedly his 'friends'. They didn't want to upset her, she was so kind and sweet, so they listened intently.