16

Wes was extremely worried .

She slapped a mosquito on her arm. It was almost night-time and here she was sitting outside in the moonlit backyard of the small dilapidated building. To top if off she was scared. Scared for Mavis and her little sister and Ru and Vaughn who had walked right into a crazy potential killer's lair, if she may liberally call it that.

It was now an hour or so since Ru and Vaughn had gone inside the building. They'd left her there so that she could get help if they don't come back.
'If something happens', Vaughn had said.

An hour after, Wes was sure something was wrong but she didn't know what to do. How on earth was she to get help! She didn't even have her phone and walking in there would be asking for it. Then everyone would be locked in and that was most certainly the stupidest thing to do.

Should I go to the road and get to a police station?

She looked around her cautiously. The place screamed old. It was just one ancient hall sort of structure standing amongst the tall shrubs on all sides. She could almost feel like she had been transported into some horror house. Except here, there were no ghosts. She had been sitting there for a long time and she couldn't find her goddamn phone. She never misplaced her phone. She fumbled in the dark for her phone but it was simply gone.

Mavis on the other hand found herself sitting on the cement floor of the same room she had woken up in, some time ago. She felt extremely disoriented, her head was spinning and something warm was trickling down her temple. She could remember bits and pieces of what had happened a while back before she had been rendered unconscious for the second time that day.

It all came back to her.

She had woken up in a room and had panicked to find that Bee was missing from her side. It was an empty room with cold cement underneath her and bare walls surrounding her like a makeshift prison. A person wearing a black cap looked up at her from the far corner where he was sitting comfortably on a chair. She couldn't visualize his face at first. The benzodiazepines clearly had an effect on her.

He got up from his seat, walked over to her and handed her a plastic cup of something. She took it reluctantly, her hands moving by themselves. After drinking it, she'd leaned against the wall in exhaustion for a while. Then her eyes began to clear up a little.

She realized three things. One, that she was imprisoned in some room. Two, that she had been given a good doze of tranquilizer which explains how she got there. Three, the guy standing a few feet away from where she was sitting had something to do with it.

She got up to her feet, her disorientation slowly waning off.  She looked at the guy standing towards the middle of the room, now facing his back to her. Tufts of hair could be seen peeking out from under his cap. He was dressed entirely in black. His figure suggested he was somewhere in his early 20s. He was lanky with broad shoulders and had a boyish slouch. When he heard her feet move as she got up, he turned to her.

What the hell?

She looked right into the eyes of the new transfer kid. Ru's friend. She almost felt relieved until she saw the little silver dart gun he was holding. The same one that was pointed at her by the guy at the lift, she could faintly remember. What surprised her even more was that it was the same familiar green eyes but the whole countenance had changed. He had on the most disgusting smirk now.

Her confusion was replaced with anger. She lunged towards him.
His eyes widened. He had not expected it the least bit. She grabbed his arm in one swift move and wrung it the other way and half-threw, half-pushed him to the end of the room. Holding his hand behind him in a vice like grip she pushed him further into the wall.