Chapter 6 ❀ Dates and Headlines

"Where's Roland?" It was already later in the evening and you had returned from your meeting with the management department. And yes, you were the one being posed that question by none other than your boss, again. "He left a few minutes ago. He told me he got orders from you, 'bring Mokuba home' and something else. Could you at least try to remember what you tell your employees?"

Kaiba was well-aware of Roland's whereabouts, he just wanted to make sure you weren't going to grow suspicious of his next actions. The male got up from his chair after shutting down all electronic devices that he had been using and gathered the things he planned on taking with himself. "Get your stuff, we're leaving."

"Already? Isn't it a bit early? Besides, I still have work to finish." You countered, not quite understanding why you and your boss would have to take your leaves right now, given how the two of you were usually the last ones to leave headquarters. Then again, you knew full well not to question Kaiba's motives too often. "All of that can wait, we have someplace to be right now."

"We do?" You asked while following the CEO into the elevator as if you were a little duckling. He didn't seem like he was going to reveal much more of where you were heading, so you decided to just find out on the spot.

Kaiba led you outside the corporation building and into the usual company car which you were asked, or rather ordered, to drive. "I think this would be a good time to tell me where exactly we're going."

"We're going to Burgerpalooza. On a date." Kaiba retorted bluntly, realization striking you like lightning a few moments after his statement. "A what—?!" If you wouldn't have been a good and responsible driver, you might have gotten the two of you in an accident by how you suddenly turned the wheel. "A date?! Burgerpalooza?!" You didn't know which was more shocking, the fact that Seto was taking you out or that the CEO of Kaiba Corporation decided to have a meal in a Fast Food restaurant.

"Just drive." Kaiba muttered somewhat ticked-off, his cheeks assuming a slightly darker color without your noticing. For some reason you were expecting him to be meaner about the matter, so when he replied so softly you really wanted to see the expression he was making. It was a shame that you were driving and had to focus on the road instead. Still, all that didn't prevent your cheeks from reddening quite noticeably on your part.

After the silent drive to the fast food restaurant, you had finally reached Burgerpalooza. "Let's go." Was all Kaiba said before leading you inside the small building and to seats he had apparently already reserved in advance which was a pretty strange thing to do when it came to fast food restaurants. There were so many surprises and things you were wondering about, one of them being why he was doing this in the first place. "Wow... you sure came prepared."

"I am always prepared." Thankfully after your playful comment the aura surrounding you two turned back to normal and you felt much more at ease knowing that Kaiba was still talking and interacting with you the usual way. A waitress came to your table not too much after that little exchange. "Would you like to place your orders—?"

The girl cut herself off as soon as she recognized both Kaiba and you. The waitress happened to be Téa Gardner, a high school student and also one of Yugi Muto's closest friends. Consequentially, she was one of your acquaintances as well, given how Kaiba and the King of Games would meet more than just a few times 'coincidentally'. You exchanged a few words with her before you and your partner for tonight placed your orders.

"Are you really going to eat fast food? I wasn't aware you even knew what fast food was." You joked, smirking provocatively at Kaiba who sat across you. He raised a brow at you firstly, then smirked back, his expression giving off a more sadistic vibe. "How considerate of you to think that. Are you sure burgers will do you good? I thought you women couldn't eat greasy things like that."