CHAPTER THREE

Hovering Dark Clouds

        Westwood High - the place where once students sat in the library for hours studying and writing essays. The place where the Cheerleading Scott Queen Bees once spread cheer as they danced and practiced in the Ol' Woody Practice room. The place where friends, groups, couples sat and chatted for hours in the cafeteria. The once happening place Westwood High had suddenly become a caliginous and gloomy part of Blythewood. It seemed like dark clouds of death hovered over Westwood High.
            The Autopsy report of Miss Grace had arrived and was kept in the Principal's office. The four were very curious about the reports so they decided to sneak in. Noah and Madelaine slowly sneaked into the Principal's office while P. Watanabe was with the Sheriff. They entered the office and saw the Autopsy report sitting on the table. Stealthily moving forward, they picked up the report. There was a xerox machine in the office, so they decided to get a copy of the report xeroxed. As the reports were being xeroxed, they heard someone turning the door knob. It was Zabrina. She entered the office and started panicking. She said, 'Guys, hurry up! We need to leave. The headmaster is on his way here.' Madelaine and Zabrina hurried their way out of the office and hid in the staff room, which was right beside the principal's office; while Noah quickly grabbed the copy of the report and came out.
         While Noah was slowly closing the office door, Principal Watanabe stood right behind him. He yelled, 'What were you doing in my office?' Noah quickly hid the copy in his varsity jacket, turned around and answered, 'Umm..P. Watanabe, uh..I just came by to ask you about Miss Grace.'
'Well.... I'm not the Sheriff,  but you will be getting detention for entering my office without permission.'  P. Watanabe said. On hearing these words, Madelaine couldn't stop herself from rushing out of the staff room and coming to the rescue of her best friend. Defending Noah, she said, "Sir, it isn't his fault. I was in the office because I wanted to interview you on Miss. Grace's death, for the student magazine. Just wanted to know your view on this whole thing. Noah just came to check on me." 'So this is the whole story? Why don't we ask Miss Zabrina, if she was here to ask me about Miss Grace too?' said P. Watanabe. Zabrina gasped. 'Step out of the room Miss. Both of you girls are getting detention along with your dear friend Mr. Noah. Effective immediately.'
         Noah stared blankly at Madelaine as she shrugged looking at him. They walked to the detention room without speaking a word. Zabrina followed. They kept glancing at each other but none of them could find any words to speak. Maybe they didn't feel appropriate to talk. They were so close to getting caught with the copy of the report. 'Surely God helped us today', they thought to themselves. They sat in the detention room. Zabrina and Madelaine in the front seat. Noah made his way to the last seat near the window. They waited for more than half an hour before Mr. Kai left the detention room. Zabrina and Madelaine went to Noah's seat and sat beside him as he took out the report from his jacket. He wanted to open the report and read everything. Find out something fishy if perhaps, it existed. But for some reason he couldn't bring himself to open the report. Seeing him struggle with this, Madelaine pulled the report out of his hands and opened it.

The report said that Big Lacerations was found on the Torso

The report said that Big Lacerations was found on the Torso. The victim was stabbed several times with a dagger. The Laceration are about 14.5 cm in length. The Victim died around 6:30 am. The blood contained Cyanide (Poison). Victim was stabbed later to confirm the death.

       After seeing the report they all stood still. Mr. Kai entered the class and said, 'Sorry I have some work, I won't be taking your detention today. Now dismiss'. They all ran to the student lounge looking for Cody, who was busy studying for the units. 'Hey Cody, we got the Autopsy report!' Zabrina exclaimed. 'You can not believe what we just found' Noah uttered. Cody grinned 'How did you guys....??'. Madelaine answered, 'We made our way through the principal's office and made a really close cut at getting caught'. 'That's great news' Cody replied.
     Kyle entered the student lounge looking for Noah. Cody quickly hid the report in his bag. Kyle asked Noah, 'Dude, are you not coming for the team meeting?'. 'Yeah man. I'll be right there' Noah stated.
      Kyle and Noah were friends since the first grade and they both loved playing football. Kyle was one of the most good looking guys in Blythewood. With his dark brown eyes and a strong jawline, he surely knew how to make his way with the ladies. He was funny and charming both at the same time. Though he and his father had between them some serious issues, which were unknown to rest of his friends, he always excelled in everything he did. He was the captain of the RedHawks football team and had a good reputation before all his teachers and peers. But there was something about him. Some dark secrets that no one knew about.
         Kyle and Noah headed towards the hall for football team meeting. Kyle remembered that he forgot his jacket in the locker. He requested Noah if he could bring his jacket from his locker, as he had to something important to discuss with Coach Melvyn. Noah agreed and made his way toward Kyle's locker. As he came in the locker room he saw a crowd standing near Kyle's locker. He approached toward the locker barging his way through the crowd. He was staggered seeing the note that was on Kyle's locker, which said, "HE HAS TO DIE".