CHAPTER FOUR

The Hour of Death

As he stood there staggered, not knowing what to do. Million thoughts just ran through his head. 'Could there be any more clues as to who is the next target of this murderer? Or is his next target Kyle? Why would someone write such a thing and stick it on this locker?' With trembling hands, Noah gathered courage to open and check what could possibly be inside the locker. To his relief there was nothing except Kyle's stuff. He regained his composure. As he was closing the locker he heard a similar voice from behind, 'Noah, what's happening here, is everything cool?' He immediately turned back and saw Kyle. Noah sighed, 'Someone left this note on your locker. It seriously startled me'. Kyle uttered 'Chill man, it might just be a prank'. Kyle grasped the note, crushed it and threw it in the bin which was right next to the locker room.
Noah and Kyle then headed for the team meeting. Meanwhile Madelaine, Zabrina and Cody were indulged on Miss Grace's case. They managed to sneak in into the staff room, in search of anything suspicious about the case in Miss Grace's locker. Just as they started snooping around the place, Cody found something breathtaking. It was a note.
Little did they know as the clock was ticking it lead them to the hour of death. Noah was still with Kyle when he received a message from Cody.

The message said, "Meet me in the staff room as soon as possible

The message said, "Meet me in the staff room as soon as possible. Just got a lead on the case."
Noah said to Kyle, 'Bro I'll catch up with the meeting later. Give me the important minutes.'
As soon as Noah got the message he made his way to the staff room. Noah reached, heavily breathing he said, 'I have to rush to the meeting. What's the lead?' While showing Noah the note Cody said, 'We found this note in Miss Grace's locker. It's somewhat similar to the one we found at the crime scene. Maybe the murderer warned Miss Grace before murdering her.' The note which Cody showed Noah clearly said, "She has to die"
As soon as he read the note, a cold shiver ran down his spine. With intense fear Noah said, 'A few minutes ago I found a similar note on Kyle's locker'. As soon as they connected the dots they ran to check on Kyle.
The Grim Reaper had once again arrived in Westwood High. The four ran to the hall, where the football team meeting was taking place. Just as they reached, they looked for Kyle but couldn't find him. Noah asked Coach Melvyn with trepidation, 'Wh..wh... where is Kyle?'
'What happened? I thought he is with you'
As soon as Mr. Melvyn uttered these words, the school's fire alarm went off and everybody started panicking. Principal Watanabe immediately made an announcement for everyone to step outside the school. The situation became chaotic. But the four knew what was going on, they knew it wasn't just the fire alarm; it was a distraction for everyone from the perfect murder.

Noah said with terror, 'This is it, this is what the murderer wanted. A perfect way to distract everyone.' Cody said, 'Maybe we will find him, where you found the note'. ' The locker' Noah said. And they all ran towards the locker making there way through the chaotic crowd.

The corridors where now empty. It was just the four of them heading to save their friend. Just as they set foot in the locker room, they stood there flabbergasted seeing the blood flowing from Kyle's locker. Seeing that dreadful sight Noah fell on his knees. He was now facing his worst fear. Is Kyle really dead?Cody slowly headed towards the locker making his way through the River of blood. With his hands shivering, he opened the locker. Their worst nightmare, now was reality.
IT WAS KYLE.