οκτώ {8}✅

Amora

Eva seemed very nervous, that and uncomfortable. I was being stupid anyway and so I said it was okay for her to leave. I just didn't expect her to go dashing out. I stood there staring into my closet. I hovered my hand over all robes that I could see, and nothing caught my attention. Then I heard loud knocks at my door.

With the towel still around me, I run to the door thinking it was Eva, but to my disappointment, I saw a small and underfed servant. Her skin was pale, but she was glowing somehow, her hair was blonde, and her eyes were...jet black. A colour that anyone could get easily lost in, if not careful.

"You look disappointed your highness?" She spoke and her voice was heavenly. I tried to speak but nothing came out at first.

"Well, I-" I stuttered.

"I have something for you."

"Well, I'm kind of busy if you wouldn't mind but come bac-" she pushed past me with strength I didn't think she had.

"Um get back here!" I ran after her grabbing her arm and then there was an extremely bright flash of light. As I came into contact with her arm she disappeared, my grip around her arm vanished, along with the rest of the body and the room. I was somehow stood on my feet.

-

The bright light disappeared and slowly my surroundings started to come into view. First the tall and rough grass I seemed to be standing in. I also noticed I was way closer to the ground than I should be, I looked down and my legs...yep, they were way smaller and thinner, like a child's, and the same with my arms. I touched my chest and there was nothing there.

"My boobs." I gasped, disappointed.

I then felt rustling behind me, I ducked into the grass to avoid detection. I stopped breathing for a second to properly hear my surroundings. This time I saw the rustling, it looked as if it was caused by a much bigger object, a wolf maybe. Wherever I was I needed to get out of it quick.

The object began to creep closer. I looked around me but all I could see was grass, nowhere to run. There were large trees every now and then, but the branches were too high up, meaning I couldn't climb them. I could fight whatever this was head-on, but it would be suicide.

What is going on?

The creature was only a few feet from me. My spartan instincts must've kicked in and my stance widened and got ready to battle the beast with my bare hands. Then it jumped out, I was expecting fur, but I saw none. A woman jumped out; she wore a golden chest plate that covered her torso. She wore a traditional spartan skirt and sandals.

But her face...those dark eyes, the dark flowing hair. She looked so familiar, like me almost. However, before I knew it I was crashing to the ground in her arms. Luckily, her hold on me broke my fall. I wasn't in danger if she wanted to her me she would've easily crushed me already.

She let me go and sat in front of me with her legs crossed. "You should know better than to hesitate."

"I-"

"No excuses, what if I were a wolf? Hesitation only hastens the grave."

I thought you were...by the Gods.

I tried to open my mouth to ask what was going on, but I couldn't. Instead, my mouth opened on its own, letting out words I didn't want it to but were extremely familiar. "I'm sorry mother, I'll do better next time."

Mother?

"That's my little spartan warrior." She patted my back and stood up, I followed her lead, holding her hand. Out of nowhere, a house started to appear, much like the one I had on Kythera. Then a woman walked out of the house. She had a warm smoke on her face and nothing but admiration for me and what seemed to be Kassandra, my mother.

"I hope you went easy on her." She looked directly at me this time. I was properly able to soak up all her features. Her hair was a platinum blonde, her skin fair, and glowed as if she was golden. There was this aura about her...almost divine, I felt transfixed by her like I was being hypnotised, in a trance almost. Each and every one of her features were perfect, as if she were carved by goddesses, or she was one herself.

I didn't want to look away, especially not when I saw her eyes. There were a deep purple but became sharp and piercing when the sun hit them. I've never seen anybody with purple eyes. If I weren't in this child form I would've definitely been drooling, and my jaw would be level with my feet.

She was breath-taking, I could worship her beauty for the rest of my life. Aside from her beauty, I felt an undeniable connection with her, not romantic at all. With one look I could see everything, how deeply she loved Kassandra, the power she hid inside her, the immense motherly care she had towards me.

It was her, my other mother.

"She doesn't need easy A-" Kassandra was cut off, and then flash. I was removed almost instantly from the scenario before I could hear her name, all I know is it begins with an A? I opened my eyes and suddenly everything was dark. I was being dragged by my arm. I looked forward and I saw her platinum blonde hair.

There was shouting and then a loud bang, Thunder. One by one I felt water droplets. My legs were tired and aching. She must've caught on and she stopped and lifted me up. She ran, dashed in fact, with me in her arms, my face was nuzzled into her neck. She smelt like heaven, and I felt at home. Slowly my eyes began to close, and she placed my body down on cold but wet wood.

I couldn't open my eyes; I was so tired. The only thing I heard her say was.

"Don't worry my sweet Amora, I'll always be with you, we'll meet again."

omg credit to Lmeanslife for the new cover she's mad talented so you should check out her work, it's definitely worth your time

The police need to stop their fucking brutality towards black people, innocent black people even, and the protesters as well, this just makes their case even worse. If we have to get our way through protests and riots then so be it, it's what happened at stonewall for us lgbtq+ people to have our pride. Bare in mind they were black trans women.
If you're at these protests stay safe and don't resort to violence if there's no reason for it.
I love you all and I am sorry for such late updates I've been disgusted by what's going on in America and just around the world.

NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis