είκοσι-ένα {21}✅

Amora

The trip was shortened to a day and a half. Kleio avoided me the whole time which I thought was impossible because there are not many places she could go, but she somehow found a way to pay Eva all the attention she wanted but when it came to me it was as if she was a ghost. Maybe it had something to do with Eva asking her if she wanted to become our permanent companion. Eva was kind and patient and gave her time to make her mind up, but I guess her time was running out as we are now docked in Phokis. Her crew finished their last shanty and anchored the ship this was when Kleio approached Eva and I, who was standing on the lower deck. Well, she technically only approached Eva.

"I have your answer." She began.

Eva looked at me shocked, but delighted at the same time, even if she didn't know the answer. The joy in her eyes was adorable.

"I'll come with you, I owe you more than just my life, so this should make up for it."

Eva squealed and hugged Kleio, it was a sight utterly new to me. She did have a heart and want afraid to show it to Eva. I wasn't jealous or anything, but I just wish I were able to receive that side of her too. Eva walked off the ship onto land even more excited.

Kleio stayed instead of walking off and ignoring me like she usually would. "This doesn't mean how I feel towards you changes." She coldly said to me.

My heart picked up speed, I felt...excited? She was finally talking to me again. It was stupid I was getting so worked up, but I couldn't stop myself, "I uh, yeah okay." I smiled.

She groans taking a tiny wooden stick and placing it in her mouth and walking away. I jump off the boat too, thankful for dry land, at last. The port of Phokis wasn't as busy as Sparta or Arkadia; as soon as you stepped out there were stalls followed by stalls, probably all targeting wealthy travellers and visitors.

"You don't need to follow me," Kleio said.

"I'm not, but it would be great to at least start being nice to each other if you're staying," I suggested.

"Not interested." She deadpanned weaving through crowds of people, probably trying to lose me.

"Well, I guess I'm getting to know you already. You're not a murderer and you're not nice. I didn't even have to assume it, you told me."

"Shut up." She groaned turning a corner but I followed still. Annoying her was fun, kind of like how I was with Kyrina. She didn't say anything about me continuing to follow her, turn after turn I wondered where we were going but then we come to a halt, and I quickly realised that I'd been cornered.

I looked to my left and there was nothing but the stone wall of someone's house and again to my right the same thing. Behind me, there was no luck either. Kleio was in front of me, about two meters away. Her eyes were cold and again uninviting, just like when I met her. She pushed me towards the wall, and once again she had me backed up into a wall. We were now inches apart...face to face. She looked me up and down, at first I thought she was going to kiss me, but there was an obvious look of disgust in her eyes, so it was out of the picture, but the thought lingered in my mind.

I wanted to know what was happening, but I didn't want to screw up whatever she had planned because part of me was desperately hoping that she'd just kiss me. However I was also scared, even if she wasn't a murderer, she almost drowned me and there was no doubt she would be able to hurt me without killing me.

Both her hands reached down to her belt so I closed my eyes not wanting to face what was about to happen, a second after I felt the twang of metal on both sides of me. I opened my eyes, scared of what she could've done to me, and looked to my sides to see two small knifes sticking out from the wall. My chest was heaving up and down, I did nothing, but I was out of breath, my heart struggling to keep up with the event that just happened.

"This isn't a game," Kleio spoke, her voice sending a shiver of fear and paralysis through my body.

I couldn't say anything.

"Stay away from me." She finished.

I suspected after she made her point that she would move but she didn't, she stood firmly in her spot in front of me. Excitement and fear were once again pumping through my blood. Confusion struck again. If she wanted me gone, why was she the reason there was no space between us? And why we were centimetres away from potentially kissing?

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"We're being followed."

"I'm not understanding."

"If we look like we're about to have sex in an alleyway then they'll leave us alone."

"So, you'd resort to public indecency?"

"When it's fake yes."

"Good, I'd never have sex with you!"

"I'd gladly die a million times over, a long and painful death before even kissing you."

"It didn't look like the thought was so disgusting a while ago."

She removes the knives from beside me, sheathing them, stepping back and turning around. I sighed in relief, but I didn't want her to leave. Without her so close, I felt cold again, cold and empty. As Kleio was walking away she froze, and an unfamiliar voice spoke, "Well, well, well...what do we have here?"

-
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis