δεκαπέντε {15}✅

Amora

I walked back into town, half happy but half angry. I didn't know how or why, but Leona managed to do that to me. Even if it was a massive waste of my time, there was this sort of...thrill when being around her. I assumed that being away from Eva for so long would have made her very angry, and I wanted to make up for it. So this time I used my money the way she wanted me to use it. I noticed her preferred weapon was a bow. in my opinion I thought Archery was powerful and kind of sexy but training with Kyrina who favoured weapons that involved a direct confrontation made learning impossible. Knowing Eva favoured this weapon led me to decide to buy myself a sturdy bow, and a few arrows and cheer her up with my terrible skills.

I reached back to our camp and Eva sat over a fire with food. She looked up at me and I couldn't tell if she was happy I was back or not. She then looked back down at the food. I sat down across from her. "I was an idiot, I should've listened to you, Kyrina taught me better."

She said nothing.

"Look I brought a bow, and I was wondering if you could help me with it - I'm pretty terrible and-"

"You've been trained by the greatest Spartan warrior, and you have no idea how to use a bow?" Eva questioned.

"It was never covered." I shrug smiling innocently.

"My mother hated the weapon anyway. She always wanted to face things head-on." She sounded like she was hurting. I was such an idiot for being so inconsiderate, of course she was hurting, we had left her mum behind.

"Do you hate me?" I blurted out. I wanted to take it back but not after I saw that it had finally gotten her attention. Eva got up from where she was and moved next to me and we turned to face each other.

She looked at me and her face softened, "I could never hate you. You're too good to be hated by anyone."

"The Athenians hate me; I was pretty sure you do because it's my fault Kyrina got left behind in Sparta."

"That wasn't you, that was Paris and the Athenians." She comforted me, placing a hand on my upper arm, and gently rubbing it up and down.

"I'm sorry for not listening." I sincerely apologised.

"No need, you're back safe now. I overreacted earlier and..." She played with her fingers looking down, "Maybe I was kind of jealous."

"And why was that?"

"5 minutes in a completely strange town and you've already got an admirer, I thought it would be just us...." She looked up again and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Eva was genuine and caring and open; she doesn't have the heart to leave or hate anyone. As I looked into her eyes my mind flashed back to the images I saw of my mother A. She looked as if she was incapable of even hurting a fly, like Eva. She was caring and open. I assumed my mother didn't have the heart to leave anyone, like Eva, but then again she left me.

I zoned back in and realised I was still staring at her and soon it would seem weird. It didn't take much for me to completely associate back with the world but when I did something was burning. Eva seemed to smell it too and we turned to the meat on the fire.

"Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" Eva turned away and patted the fire out.

Eva

We continued to stare at each other until she seemed to drift off into a completely different world for a few seconds; I didn't mind, we were so close, so I got a front-row seat in admiring everything perfect about her. Her eyes focused back on me, which magnified the desire deep in my stomach.

Please kiss me. Please kiss me. Please kiss me... I begged in the forefront of my mind.

She slowly leaned in, as if she were ready to kiss me, but then she stopped and sniffed the aid. I followed her movements and sniffed too, instantly picking up the scent of meat burning.

I turned from her patting and blowing out the fire we were sitting beside.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"

As I violently patted out the fire my blood boiled knowing this broke up the moment we were having. Who knew if we were ever going to get that close again? When I had successfully patted the fire out, I sat back with Amora, closer this time. She was always so warm. I leaned my head on her shoulder, it would be much better if her arms were around me, making me feel safe and at ease. I hated the idea of her being with that girl she met in the market. What if she got hurt? Or what if it was a spy? Even worse...what if it was a mercenary or assassin...

I hated asking but I wanted to know that nothing bad happened, "What happened with that girl you were with?"

"We duelled, I won of course. She told me that was her way of 'getting to know people'." Amora shrugged as she very briefly summarised the events.

"Were you hurt?" I asked, curious for more details.

"No. she put up a good fight, but she was no real threat."

"Anything else?"

Amora took longer to answer this, as if she was filtering through what to tell me and what not to tell me, "Nope, I got annoyed and told her I was leaving. I felt bad for what I did to you." She admitted.

I lift my head off her shoulder, looking into her eyes again, "You're cute." The temptation to kiss her returned as she spoke but I pushed it away. "Maybe I can teach you?"

"Teach me what?"

"Archery."

Her eyes lit up. "Hell yeah!" My heart clenched at her adorable celebration. If this carries on then I won't be able to stop my heart from falling.

-
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis