⧖ nine ⧗

❝ October, 2012 ❞

Adjusting the fake cobwebs plastered to the windows on the front of the house, Phoebe nods contentedly and journeys to the backyard. Her braided wig and bow with a sheath of fake arrows bounce against her faux brown leather jacket as she walks, though she's too excited for the upcoming party to be bothered by it.

She nearly runs into Carmen, who is helping Bella move a table into the yard while Alice decorates it with the mountain of decorations in Kate's and Tanya's arms.

"Don't forget," Alice reminds the group. "Renesmee's friends are going to be here too, so-"

"So no real fun until the humans are passed out," Kate finishes for her, her voice slightly muffled from behind the decorations blocking her from view.

"Or black-out drunk," Bella adds, gesturing to where Emmett, also dressed as Katniss Everdeen, is attempting to roll a keg across the yard without Esme noticing.

Carlisle catches sight of the non-discreet vampire and - instead of telling him to get rid of the alcohol, like they assumed the parental figure would - gestures for him to carry the keg so that it will make less noise.

Phoebe and Emmett had argued for hours when she first caught sight of him in the identical costume earlier that day. Eventually, Jasper - with his hair slicked back to resemble Peeta - was dragged into the argument, where he claimed Emmett had the idea first, prompting her to avoid both boys by hanging out with Rosalie.

The ringing doorbell can be heard clearly by every vampire and Phoebe immediately runs to answer it. Unfortunately, Edward also wants to be the one to answer the door. They reach the sliding back door at the same time and she shrieks indignantly as he pushes her to the side. This does little to deter her though as she climbs through the conveniently open kitchen window. Throwing Renesmee's abandoned drink in his path, he stumbles for barely a second but it's long enough for Phoebe to reach the front door.

Answering it triumphantly, her smug smile disappears as she comes face to face with a stern Sam and the rest of the Quileute pack. Sam is the only one not in a costume as everyone else is dressed in semi-matching pirate outfits - an idea she assumes the youngest boy had, as he appears to be the only one excited about it.

"She's not going to do it," Edward speaks up before Sam can say anything. "Alice lied so you would come to her party."

"Don't tell them what I will and won't do," Phoebe huffs, shoving him so forcefully he falls over the couch before turning her attention to the pack. "What's he talking about?"

"Alice said you would apologise for crossing the treaty line," Sam answers, crossing his arms intimidatingly.

"I take it back, Edward was right. I'm not about to do that," she admits. "But I will say sorry for doing it more than once if that means you'll party with us."