One

ONE

Adrenaline laced my veins as soon as I stepped foot through the doors of Elektra. The club was packed, the usual for a Friday night. The lights flashed, highlighting the guest's faces for a split second before darkness concealed them once again.

I sauntered over to the bar, the crowd parting to let me through. Concealed in the shadows, Luca and Marco following behind maintaining a reasonable distance.

I rested an arm on the bar and nodded at the bartender. She smirked, leaving the drink she was making to start on mine. I had always been jealous of Lux's auburn hair and the way it fell in natural waves. Tonight, however, she had it twisted up into a clip, strands slowly falling out to frame her face. She tucked a strand behind her ear as she placed my Cosmo in front of me.

"The usual." Her brown eyes twinkled playfully.

"As always." I lifted the pink drink and brought it to my lips. The vodka stung as it slipped down my throat but was quickly covered by the sweet mixture of cranberry and orange liqueur.

"Business or pleasure tonight, Gabriella?" I lifted my gaze, eyeing Lux as she returned to the previous drink she had been making. The customer to my left was burning a hole in the side of my head.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I took another sip of my drink and turned my gaze to take in the scene behind me.

Three poles were erected in the centre of the room. The pole in the middle had the largest, most glamourous stage and attracted the most attention. Its current occupant was Monique, her legs were wrapped around the pole, her skin-tight, black dress showcasing her curves beautifully. She winked into the crowd, causing a group of tipsy men to cheer in delight. The two poles either side had smaller platforms, allowing customers to get a closer view. Luna and Coco spun simultaneously as the music changed to a slow, sensual beat, customers watching in awe at their feet.

I took another sip of my drink and made eye contact with a Capo across the room. Dressed in black suit trousers and a matching shirt, my men blended into the background well. He nodded and tapped his watch with a finger. It was time.

I turned back to the bar and slid my drink over to Lux.

"Get me a shot of tequila ready, I'll be back."

Lux's eyes flickered when they met mine, noticing the slight change in my voice. She nodded silently.

I pushed off the bar and stepped down onto the main floor of the club. Tables were placed evenly apart, offering the best views of the dancers. Close, but not close enough to touch.

"Hey Gorgeous, why don't you give me a dance?" A man stumbled in front of me, an empty glass clutched in his hand.

I eyed him, looking him up and down before continuing towards the Capo. As I passed, I heard either Luca or Marco shove the man down into a seat and the man cry out in protest.

"He's ready for you." Was all the Capo said when I stopped briefly in front of him.

I nodded, a small smile playing on my lips.

***

Slipping through a small entrance way at the side of the stages, I entered a low-lit hallway. On one side, doors lined the hallway, leading into private rooms, each with a security camera facing the door. On the opposite side, floor to ceiling mirrors covered the wall.

I stopped in front of one of the doors and turned to look in a mirror. My cheeks were flushed slightly, from the drink or the adrenaline, I wasn't sure. My honey blonde hair was slicked back into a dramatic ponytail, making my blue eyes pop. The dress I had chosen was white, off the shoulder and mid length, tight around my legs. Statement black Louboutin's covered my feet.