1:5

<><><>Gale's POV<><><>

Anger rises up my body in a hot flash. I clench my fists, my fingernails digging into my palms. Shoving through people in the hallway, I receive many glares, but I don't care. I am furious. About Adelaide, and how she thinks I could just forgive her for what she did?

Idiot.

I throw my books in my locker and slam it shut, but not before grabbing my phone and a water bottle. I smirk a little, realizing how simple the plan was that is unfolding in my mind.

Racing to the lunchroom, I greet my best friend(or, rather, closest acquaintance), Kaine. He stands at a tall 6'3", which make many girls gather at his feet. His brown hair lays un-styled, and his blue eyes gleam icily. He raises an eyebrow at me and smirks. "Showing up to the lunchroom? You?"

I offer him a crooked smile. "I have some business to attend to, Kaine. Why else would I be at this dump?" I hold up my water bottle, and peer over many people's heads. Searching for a certain caramel-haired girl.

I spot her in the crowd, talking to that boy from earlier. My stomach turns hot. Seriously what is up with me?

I wave to Kaine and watch his eyes narrow, before he sees who I'm heading towards. He furrows a brow but smirks at me anyways.

"Tea!" I yell, and I see Adelaide freeze up before turning in my direction.

The cold water flows down her hair and over her face. She gasps and shudders, wiping her wet hair from her forehead. The lunchroom erupts in laughter and gasps, and I see Adelaide's bottom lip quiver.

I smirk at her. "Didn't I tell you I would make you pay?" I say icily, and I can see tears build up in her dark eyes. My heart lurches, but I refuse to acknowledge it and continue. "You're lucky it was just water." My smirk grows.

It's immature, I know. But I've given up on showing any sign of courtesy towards her. I don't regret my actions, a pact I made with myself after the incident. After Seven mumbled his last words.

Regret? It's an easy escape, and easy way to say you're a coward.

Maybe I am. I hesitate, my gaze collecting towards Adelaide. But that doesn't matter.

Tears flow down her cheeks, and I feel a flash of discontent. She does not deserve your pity! I grit my teeth and cross my arms, still smirking. "Doesn't feel to good, does it?" I ask as she shivers.

Adelaide races off, her soaking hair flopping against her back.

Someone shoves me. I halt, before I realize who shoved me.

Sawyer stands in front of me, anger scrawled over his face. "What was that for, you piece of trash?" He spits venom, and shoves me in the chest again.

Fury bubbles in me. "Who do you think you are?" I obviously have the upper hand, as I'm at least four inches taller than the scrawny excuse for a man in front of me.

"Someone decent," he hisses, "can't you give her a break?" He flashes me a nasty glare and races off to Adelaide.

"Someone decent?" I echo, my heart beating in my ears. "Give her a break?" My voice is rising, my nostrils glaring. "Sure. I'll do just that." I say through gritted teeth. "Once you up and shut the fuck up, asshole."

Sawyer flinches, a vein in his jaw ticking. He works his lips for a moment, before averting his gaze and shaking his head slightly, dropping the matter.

I clench my fists, and throw the water bottle on the floor, earning an angry look from a nearby lunch lady. I shoot her a worse look, and she flinches.

I storm off, suddenly not feeling all too cocky from my little act.

<><><>

At the end of the day, I still feel thick discontent in my throat. I decide to ignore it, and grab my backpack from my locker, reaching into my jacket pocket to retrieve my keys. Swinging them from my index finger, I push open the school doors only to see Adelaide standing there, her hair seemingly still damp. We connect eyes, and my heart lurches again. She glances down to the ground before hastily walking towards me. "Don't forget about the project tomorrow," she mumbles, not meeting my eyes. "We can figure out where to do it later." With that, she subconsciously grips the straps of her backpack nervously and hurries off.

Confusion rifles through my brain. She still has the nerve to talk to me? I thought I made it very clear that I didn't want anything to do with her. But I suppose it's for the project, and that can't be helped if I want to pass English class.

Are you sure you want nothing to do with her? A little voice taunts in the back of my head.

Shut up. I tell it, before walking off to find my car.

----

Hope you guys are happy and healthy!! :)

Sorry for the shortish part. Chapter two starts next update, and that's when the project starts.