Chapter 4

Daniella's POV

I sat on the gym floor as I started to do my stretches. It truly felt like the longest day ever because I kept dreading this time right now. I'm extremely nervous, as usual, and I just hope and pray I don't mess anything up. I looked up from my stretches to see my coach entering the gym and there was a few people in the stands that just wanted to speculate. Coach never made tryouts private because she needed people that weren't able to perform in front of a crowd.

"I'm very happy to see you trying out this year Dani! I can't wait to see what you do this year!" She said. I gave her a small smile before continuing my stretches.

After I finished, I stood up and waited for the tryouts to begin. Across the room I could feel the stares of Tracy and her minions and it was just making me more anxious. If there's anyone that wants to see me fail, it's definitely her. Being a senior as well, she would love to be captain especially if it means I don't get it.

I looked around the room and there were a lot of freshmen and sophomores here to tryout for the first time. Maybe of them will take Tracy's spot or one of her minions. I looked at the bleachers to see who was there and Lisa was there waving at me. I gave a small smirk and waved back. I looked below her and surprisingly DaiJah was there. I shrugged my shoulder and brought my attention back to the floor as the coach began to speak.

•••

Tryouts were pretty simple today. I got the routine down very quickly unlike some of the other girls who found it a bit difficult. One of those girls just so happened to be Tracy, and I can't help but laugh at all the shit she was talking before tryouts.

"Nice job Daniella," I turned around to face Tracy. "But not good enough." She snickered then walked away. I just shook my head and zipped up my gym bag before tossing it over my shoulder.

"You did great! I already know you're captain!" Lisa squealed. I laughed and gave her a hug. I also gave DaiJah a hug as she came up from behind Lisa. "I'm coming over."

"Great job Daniella! I had nothing to do so I came to watch." She said. I nodded and all three of us walked out of the gym.

"Have you spoken to Rico?" I asked her. Lisa was too busy in her phone to even pay attention to our conversation.

"Uhm...kind of. I gotta update you when we get back to the house because it's a lot of mess." She shook her head. I shrugged and made my way to Lisa's car. I already told her I was going to ride back with her.

Lisa unlocked her car doors and I got inside the passenger seat and she got into the drivers seat right after me. She pulled out of the lot and started to drive towards my house.

"Girl, if Tracy don't stop walking around like her shit don't stink, I'm gonna beat her fucking ass." Lisa said. I laughed and shook my head.

"You know she's never going to not talk her shit. I just try my best to not let it bother me, although it does irritate me a lot. All the comments about my body fuel the insecurities I already have, so yeah." I said. I get uncomfortable when speaking about my body or when people speak on my body. I've never felt myself the way other people do.

It didn't take long before we got to my house. There were three other cars in the driveway, including my brothers, so Lisa parked in the street and DaiJah parked behind her. As I got out of the car, I pulled out my keys, getting ready to open the door. Once I opened the front door, the house was filled with deep voices talking and laughing. I walked over to the living room and slightly waved at everyone in the room. It was just Malcolm, Terry, Los, and that same guy that opened the door to the house when Malcolm forgot about me in the car.