Chapter 7

2 Months Later
Thanksgiving Day

Dani straightened the last piece of her hair before turning her flat iron off and running her hands through her hair that was now silky straight. She huffed as she let her arms relax next to her. All this hair on her head and she was ready to cut it all off quickly.

Her stomach growled as she applied her clear lip gloss to her lips. She had been starving herself all day so that she can enjoy the food properly once it was dinner time. This was Daniella's favorite holiday because everyone came together and had a good time.

"Dani you taking up all that time just to stay in the crib!" Malcolm yelled from downstairs. He shook his head as he watched Daniella leave out the room in a white knit sweater dress and some brown thigh high boots.  "Literally dressed up to stay indoors." He mumbled.

"You're a hater. I look good." Dani smiled at her brother. He didn't say anything but walked away towards the living room.

Daniella made her way to the kitchen where DaiJah was just finishing cooking and laying the food out around the kitchen.

"You need help?" Dani asked. Dai shook her head no as she placed the napkins next to the plates. "You did your thing Dai. Hopefully next year one of those niggas gets a girlfriend so they can cook instead." Dani joked.

"Girl, i'll still cook. I'm not gonna let no bird brain girl ruin thanksgiving." She laughed. "You looking all cute...hmm." DaiJah eyed Dani suspiciously

"Mhm, it is a holiday."

"It sure is. Deuce and Brian are here already." She informed Dani.

Daniella perked up at the news that Brian was here. She got out of her seat and made her way to living room where he was surely there, dressed nicely as well.

"You was up there for that long just to put that ugly dress on?" Qua asked with a straight face.

"You're all haters, I look very cute." Dani rolled her eyes. She made eye contact with Brian and he looked her up and down with a slight smirk.

"Oh my lord." Terry said shaking his head.

"What?" Dani asked.

"Nothin." He mumbled, focusing back on the football game that was on television.

Dani made her way out of the living room and realized the left her phone in her room. She groaned as she quickly jogged up the steps and made her way to her room.

"Better be on 100." She said to herself as she grabbed her phone off the charger.

"You wasn't gonna say hi to me or nothing?" Brian said, making Daniella jump and hold her chest.

"Don't do that!" She raised her voice, smacking his chest. "Hey friend, you look really nice. Happy Thanksgiving!" Dami said with a smile.

Brian looked at her smile and couldn't help but smile himself. Since the night he slept over, he never wants to be away from Dani so he'd sneak in the crib often to stay the night with her. He'd be lying if he said he was starting to look at her differently. Ever since the pep rally he knows what he's doing.